What's on your desktop?

S

stepheno

Just ready to knuckle down to work and thought...what are others looking at on their desktop? Usually, through winter, I have something that reminds me of sunnier and warmer times. This was taken near Dubrovnik last October. Makes me feel warmer anyway.

desktop.jpg

regards

no pic for me just a plain blue background, and xp's fancy nancy tellytubby look is turned off too. :D

A collection of my pictures on rotation, using Wallpaper Master.

nothing on the work lappy, picture of the dogs on the home PC

Usually a picture of 'the beach' at Phi Phi in Thailand but at the minute it's some autumnal trees :)

The delta quadrant is a long way from Praxis though.

.... Or so I'm told..... :whistle2:

;)

dazzajl said:
The delta quadrant is a long way from Praxis though.

.... Or so I'm told..... :whistle2:

;)

Now that proves you are a trekkie too :thumb:

Die hard and old school. :cool: :D

I've got the picture of 'Two Today' on mine right now but I will soon be changing it the 'strop'...lol.....both of my darling little grand daughter number 2!

mine changes regularly as do the themes, but its always nice and tidy

desktop42qs6bx.jpg

Plain green here.

oh and 63 program shortcuts...

Just a bit of heavy metal on mine:thumb:

desktop-web.jpg

Was probably taken by Arkady;)

Warspite said:
Just a bit of heavy metal on mine:thumb:

desktop-web.jpg

Was probably taken by Arkady;)

Was probably Arkady in the tank, and somebody had put a slightly off-focus picture on the wall in that ex-building. :p

More likely "Extreme Street Photgraphy" .....how to get in close ;)

Taken by a guy called Jabba Jarvis, I think. Was an army phot, now left and gone to work in Oz. He also took the famous shot of the US General briefing the troops with all the tank guns angled up at 45-degrees. It went in about every sunday paper and was credited with bringing the majority of the British public on-side (or at least supporting the troops) before the ground war began.

heh, trivia too, nice....

Praxis, i used to have Enterprise(NX-01, not NCC1705)but the wife got astrop on about 'sad geek' stuff on pooter when she turned it on, so just got Bliss at the moment, cant see it for all the bloody icons anyway...

My desktop is still Christmasy :)

Robin is from week before christmas centre-parcs trip, will have to get some Easter Bunny shots soon .

desktop.jpg

oh sh*t - how do i do a screen grab someone?
People keep telling me and I keep forgetting....

CTRL & print screen button and open an art program and paste, might have to create a new canvas and paste it in that.

Hmmm... basic stuff really, isn't it?

Logo used to read 'Media Operations'

Screen.jpg

Matty said:
heh, trivia too, nice....

Praxis, i used to have Enterprise(NX-01, not NCC1705)but the wife got astrop on about 'sad geek' stuff on pooter when she turned it on, so just got Bliss at the moment, cant see it for all the bloody icons anyway...

I`ve had that one as well, I use images taken with the hubble telescope every now and then as well.
sccr.jpg

i like that....say what you like about the programs, but the designs and graphics were good

Why do you all have so many shortcuts on your desktop when most if not all of it is on the Start menu anyway?:ponders:

im just as bad...

Nothing except a poor Dell image on the lappy screen at the mo, as i haven't found an image I like yet.

Similar story on the main rig, thats still on window's telly tubby hill

Arkade....is that a "you are employed by the MOD and must use this" desktop?

regards

I think it was, until some child had ago at it.... ;)

stepheno said:
Arkade....is that a "you are employed by the MOD and must use this" desktop?

regards

More of a 'This is a MoD Lappy, do not F*** about with it'...

Hence the immediate B*st*rdisation of the Media Ops logo. The MoD Designer responsible laughed his conkers off when he saw it and demanded a copy.

We work with loads of Civvie Journos at times and it also serves to dissuade them from trying to log-on using my satellite link when I'm away from my desk.

Here's mine... with what I hope will be my next 'toy'...

Desktop.jpg

Minimalist approach - can't be doing with clutter. :)

desktop.jpg

there are some great ones on that link, gone for the lost one...

Back