What's the most choatic wedding you ever shot?

Edit My Images
No
More curious than anything else.

Over the past year I have had some really chaotic ones. In muslim weddings, the B&G make their vows seperately and then are joined together before the meal. On one recent occassion I had to capture the groom making his declaration, run up to the hotel room where the bride was and capture her declarations, then run down for the announcement to be made that both parties had agreed to the marriage and then finally run back up to the hotel room to get the bride's entrance to the hall. All the time being followed by aunties and cousins insisting on witnessing the whole thing at every step. Weddings.. gotta love em hey :bonk:

on my first ever wedding, my sister who was assisting had to drive the groom to town to get someone to tie his cravat :eek:

thats the freakiest thing yet though

have had the best mans speech reveal some secrets about the groom that led to the shortest marriage ever

More curious than anything else.

Over the past year I have had some really chaotic ones. In muslim weddings, the B&G make their vows seperately and then are joined together before the meal. On one recent occassion I had to capture the groom making his declaration, run up to the hotel room where the bride was and capture her declarations, then run down for the announcement to be made that both parties had agreed to the marriage and then finally run back up to the hotel room to get the bride's entrance to the hall. All the time being followed by aunties and cousins insisting on witnessing the whole thing at every step. Weddings.. gotta love em hey :bonk:

Definate second shooter time...i hate running!

Definate second shooter time...i hate running!

I have been thinking about getting a 2nd shooter, but its not something I can afford at the moment and I wouldn't expect someone to tag along for free

I have been thinking about getting a 2nd shooter, but its not something I can afford at the moment and I wouldn't expect someone to tag along for free

You would be surprised, there are plenty of people/students who are willing to work as a second shooter for free to gain some experience.

If you keep it simple with them stealing shots, it can work well.

You would be surprised, there are plenty of people/students who are willing to work as a second shooter for free to gain some experience.

If you keep it simple with them stealing shots, it can work well.

Next year, I'm hoping to take on a full time assistant/2nd shooter. Will have a look at some uni students too.

I had a wedding that ended up not being a wedding, because the brides divorce hadn't come through!! They had to have a ceromony of commitment and then get married some time later!!
Most of the guestd didn't even realise! :bonk:

I was waiting for a the bride to turn up at Leeds Castle, stood under a tree and a peacock decided to open its bowels from above, distributing a grainy mustard like discharge all over my suit and camera lens. Luckily the loos were right next to me, so I could have a quick clean. Everyone said a sign of good luck and the wedding & pictures ran nice and smooth. If only I had a shotgun on me!!!

Not really a chaotic wedding but a case of just being in the wrong place at the right time.

a week ago - small, VERY dark venue, couple forgot to mention that the wedding was being filmed by channel 4. I was up front during the ceremony surrounded by two camera men, a sound guy and a director, not to mention the registrar and the B+G, ridiculous.

One where the Brides Father threatened to hit the Mother in the church. :)

They were divorced when the poor Bride was young and had several years to foster their mutual hatred of each other. The arrangement that had been brokered by the clergy was that Mum would walk her into Church but hand her over to Dad at the top of the aisle so both could play a part. Unfortunately Mum then dragged the poor girl past Father who was left standing like a spare part.

He uttered the words "That's it, I'm going to kill the bitch" Which I took to be a clue that he was not entirely happy. That's when I grabbed him and dragged him backwards outside to explain that now was not the time or place and could he please leave murderous acts until such time that I'm not a witness :)

Oh where do we start

1) Despite having a complete list of all the shots required from the B&G the Brides mother tried to reorganise all the shots leading to the Bride shouting "Mother why dont you just F*** Off"

2) Best man lost the rings so they got married using my ring and the Matron Of Honour's ring

3) Groom arrived 30 minutes late ****ed and so the registry office fitted them in 2 hours later and the cars had to go elsewhere and the food was ruined at the reception.

4) Groom got ****ed on the complimentary champagne provided by the car firm and when the bride tried to get him for the shots atb the reception he told her to F*** Off as he was talking to his grandad,I got all the shots in the end but not sure how long the marriage lasted.

5) A guy I worked for told me of a wedding he did where all went ok on the day but when he contacted them about the album after the honeymoon was told they were getting divorced due to the groom being found in bed with the chambermaid on the honeymoon

On the way to my bro-in-law's brother's wedding we passed the vintage car containing the groom, best men and Ushers that had broken down on the way to the Church..... said car was meant to be dropping them off and then picking up the bridal party!!!

Luckily the Groom's dad owns a Range Rover sport that my bro-in-law used to go and pick up the bridal party (that were now extremely anxious).

Just to add a little more drama the heavens opened and there was an almighty thunderstorm just as they were due to leave the church. Ironically, the storm only seemed to be within a mile or two of the church, everywhere else was bone dry and sunny :LOL:

Back