What's this?

Spaghetti forming die/lengther?

Hose diffuser?

Fuctifino? :p

Only thing I can think of is similar to Nod's suggestion. Dough is forced through top piece and chopped off into small bits by the blade, but I can't explain the lower piece.

Dave

Maybe its a tablet (pill) maker or even a particle bait maker for carp fishing. :confused:

I've a feeling that your first suggestion [ pill/tablet maker] is possibly correct

Try this as a suggestion for how it works

put paddles1 and 3 together with the 'cutter thing ' out to the side - put some form of mix that will solidify across the top of the first paddle - that should run down into the bottom one [ which looks as if the holes could be a half orb shape -]

once set cut through between the 2 paddles and tip out the contents of the bottom one - you should have lots of little 'pills ' I think.

Have you tried Google image search?

Try this as a suggestion for how it works

put paddles1 and 3 together with the 'cutter thing ' out to the side <snip> cut through between the 2 paddles

That's how I think you should use it too.
As to what you actually put through it before bringing the 'cutter' across, I have absolutely no idea.
I'm not totally convinced it's for making 'pills' because I think whatever mixture you put in it would seep out through the small holes in the bottom one. . . but I don't have anything more constructive to offer as a suggestion.

What size is it?
Are the front / rear parts with holes different, the holes on the top look larger and those on the bottom look like they are funnelled?
Is the centre piece assymetrical - the top looks more rounded than the bottom side.
Are there any print or markings on the leather, or any debris of anykind in the pouch?

I have absolutely no idea what it is for, but looking at it, I think I know what it was designed to do.
With the bladed central part withdrawn away from the top and bottom discs, place spherical objects in the holes in the top part, and they will rest in the bottom part. You can then return the bladed section, thus cutting the spheres exactly in half.
The whys and wherefores are beyond me though.

Grapes?

.... reduces the choking hazard for children .... :)

The leather holster makes it look like something to be used in the field rather than kitchen. Could be something geological or soil sampling etc. Agricultural or gardening.

For making lead shot?
I'm not seeing any evidence of molten lead, or metal slag in there, just some grime or maybe black mould around the edges.
Also, holding and operating an uninsulated tool that would be at cooking at over 328°C in use would be... an adventure.

The closest thing I can find to it visually is espresso machine coffee holders, but they have much smaller holes, and no blades; also the OP said there's no obvious mounting points, so I'm not overly confident on that being what it is.

Any makers name, or where it was made.
How big a diameter does it have.
The top holes don't look like they line up with the bottom ones or am I wrong? Actually I think I am, so
Looks like you would slide 1 over 3, pour in some sort of mixture into 1 which would drain/run into 3 and solidify but not all run out of the bottom holes and then when set slice any excess off with the cutter (2).
So I suppose the size/diameter of the main holes is significant, how big are they?
Maybe a ground bait maker for fishing?

Last edited:
No problem, I assume I'm on overtime for that?

Back