Beginner What's wrong with the Nikon 18-105 AF-S DX VR IF ED?

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Good evening all,

I have been looking at AF-S lenses for my D3200 and wondered why there are so many 18-105mm lenses on the second hand market? MPB currently have 38 for sale! What's wrong with them?

Thanks in advance.
Simon

If my memory serves then not much wrong with it tbh. Decent IQ and reasonable fast af. iirc it has a plastic mount so will be susceptible to breaking there if roughly handled and it has a fair bit of distortion at both ends of the zoom. For the price of them though, a decent lens imo.

If my memory serves then not much wrong with it tbh. Decent IQ and reasonable fast af. iirc it has a plastic mount so will be susceptible to breaking there if roughly handled and it has a fair bit of distortion at both ends of the zoom. For the price of them though, a decent lens imo.

:plus1: I had one a while back and just a slight knock broke the mount :(

I'm not 100% sure but isn't that the lens that sometimes comes as a bundle option like a kit lens. Maybe with some of the mid range nikon cameras? If it is I imagine there will be more floating about to sell.

Thanks for the replies. I believe they are a kit lens but there seems to be so many for sale, I thought there might be a known fault with them.

There's nothing to worry about, its a very good all rounder lens. The quantity is due to the majority of people upgrading.

Optically no real issues and a very useful focal length, bust the plastic lens mount on mine, stupid stupid idea that Nikon still chuff about with presumably to save ten bob

Every manufacturer has a plastic fantastic. You need to treat it correctly.

I had one as part of a D7000 kit and the mount broke in warranty.

Nikon told me to p*** off so I bought a replacement on eBay for £15 and fitted it myself.

Superb lens for the money. Don't hesitate if you want one.

Back