What's your fabourite lens?

Canon FD 35MM f2 manual focus.

Transformed my photography when I got one years ago. Could never get on with a 50, always either too long or short. Mid range zooms never hit the spot. This gave me the quality of my roll film gear, in tactile use and image results.

Still a pleasure to use, and what an excuse to buy m4/3 and some other old film gear so I can use it again! :help:

Puts modern "L" lenses to shame!

Stumpy said:
Canon FD 35MM f2 manual focus.

Damn fine lens.

I have a radioactive concave front element 35/2 SSC. The yellowing means it gets used for bw film and digital.

Been tempted to pick up an FDn 35/2 for colour film.

Really tough question! I just love my Sigma 70-200 f2.8 and it is on the camera most of the time, but I would probably sell that before my 100-400L. But then I couldn't cope without my Tamron 90mm macro, either. The lenses I could cope without best, although I would still be loathe to lose them, would be the nifty fifty and the Sigma 10-20mm.

My favourite is my 17-40 on the 7d. Read before I got it that it's wasted on a crop body, but the sharpness, contrast and colours always please me. The other reason I love it is it's robustness, I never worry about it, regardless of where I am and I think that adds a fair bit to any day out with my camera :)

Joe

Current fav is the 24-105L on my 5D mkii, got that itch for something longer though.
My all time fav though is my FD 135 f2.8. Bought it a couple of months after i got my T90 in the 1980's and have used it nearly every week since then and still do. Great indoors and outdoors. One of the best "candid" lens's i have ever used. It was a few bob when i bought it, but has been worth every penny.

My favourite lens was the Nikon 12-24 f4 never had it off my D7000, now I've gone full frame I find I use the 24-70 f2.8 more than any other lens I have. (y)

Most used by a long way is Nikkor 70-200 VR1. It's my workhorse. However, my favourite is The Beast. I just love the thing. Sadly doesn't get much use as I'm tending to shoot quite a bit of film in my Rolleiflex nowadays..but when the Grandsons come around The Beast and D700 are hard to beat.

24mm 1.4 or 24mm PC-E.

Can't decide which of the two, but as long as it has 24mm in the name I'm happy :LOL:

Got to be my 135 F2, always makes me smile reviewing the pictures. However the 24-70 L gets the most use due to its versatility.

Of my own lenses my fave is the 35mm 1.4g but my favourite lens is the 24mm 1.4g that my gf has. I'll have my own in the next month or so though:D

according to flickr stats (sets and number of pics)
Tokina 11-16 (500+pics)
Nikon 35mm f1.8 a close second (360+ pics)

Loved these two lenses when I used DX. The Tokina in particular.

Out of interest, how do you access those stats?

My current favourite is a toss up between the Voigtlander 20mm 3.5 and the Nikon 70-200 VR1. The Voigtlander is just a lovely thing to use but is only really decent at F/8 or F/11. That's fine by me as that is where I use it and at those apertures, it's wonderful.

The Nikon 70-200 is a new addition but I just love it for portraits. Bit heavy to carry around though. I'd love to try a 135mm F/2.

according to flickr stats (sets and number of pics)
Tokina 11-16 (500+pics)
Nikon 35mm f1.8 a close second (360+ pics)

My favorite would be the Nikon 35mm f1.8, I absolutely love it. It's light, easy to carry and pictures are razor sharp.

A close second would be the Nikon 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G.

Loved these two lenses when I used DX. The Tokina in particular.

Out of interest, how do you access those stats?

I've sorta cheated and used sets...
Goto Flickr
At the top - organise and create
Then click Sets and Collections
Make a set for each lens.
Drag pics into the sets.

Once done, on your sets and collections there is a count of how many pics are in each...

There is probably some other statistics elsewhere on the flickr site though.

Back