What's your favourite style?

dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
Just interested to see what sort of things people most like to shoot for pleasure and why?

For me it's got to be nature because of the beauty, and availability due to living in the countryside, closely followed by various sports which I really enjoy but don't seem to get enough time to pursue.

So what's your favourite?

i havent really picked a theme that i really like yet, but nature and animals are very on the list for reasons soon to be made clear!!

Wildlife and Motorsport are my main attempts at photography, i sometimes get lucky ! lol but not usually !

I like to try everything though, is good to be jack of all trades master of none ! LOL

:tonofbric :whistling

This is a good question dod, I suspect that many will say that they will photograph any subjects at all, but would pick subjects which they have got better results from as favourites.

I usually lean towards landscape and architecture but have attempted just about every other area of photography at some point. My favourite style to look at when done really well is abstracts, unfortunately it’s also the one area where I believe my work stinks. I have attempted to rectify this by deliberately planning trips and concentrating on solely capturing abstracts, this I managed but they still stunk.

As Steve just mentioned above, I will shoot just about anything that's in my path to simply improve my skills. I need all the practice I can get. I would have to say though if I had to pick one thing, it would be people. I absolutely love taking pictures of anyone I find interesting. Strangers mostly. I like to capture what their feeling at that moment in time. The face and eyes say so much. Human behaviour intrigues me period. Taking pictures just allows me to explore it even further. Is that weird?LOL Right now I take mostly pics of people I know, simply because I don't have the balls to take pics of people on the street,lol The more comfortable I get with my camera and people, the more shots I will get I presume. I don't understand the laws either about taking pics of people on the street and what's allowed. I don't need any hassles. I think being a women helps me out a little with that. Guess I should read up on that huh,lol.

Cheers, Jewel

jewel said:
I don't understand the laws either about taking pics of people on the street and what's allowed. I don't need any hassles. I think being a women helps me out a little with that. Guess I should read up on that huh,lol.

This might help!

I previously had a leaning towards landscapes and architecture but since getting the 350d I can get shots I couldn't dream of before and am getting into portraits and things that actually move!

A decent macro lens is on my wishlist...there's another world out there!

I'm like Steve, in that I most definately lean towards landscape and structures. Although moreso landscapes.

I would love to turn my hand towards portraits and people, but I don't seem to have the confidence to do so.
I would also love to do some candids, but I feel that my current camera would seriously hold me back on the respect. For me to do some candids with my level of confidence, I'd have to be some way away with a decent lens, unfortunately, my G3 isn't in that league :p

For me it's always been landscape but I'm trying to broaden my horizons so whenever I go out I keep an eye out for anything that might be photogenic.

Back