What's Your Ring Tone?

Ricardodaforce

Self requested ban
Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
Are you a classic ring tone person or have you gone for a musical variety? Mine is the old school "Old Phone" ringer.

I made an off the cuff remark to a mate of mine last week, and he has sent me Richard Burton saying "Broadsword calling Danny Boy" from Where Eagles Dare. I've installed it but it drives SWMBO mad so it may not have long left.

Quite funny though.

No surprise that mine is "Tijuana Taxi" by Herb Alpert

Last edited:
AC/DC's Back in Black. Quite handy that it starts quietly - I can often answer it before the power chords start (I always have it on vibrate as well, so pick that up first.)

I hate "fussy" or musical ring tones - a ringtone is a functional thing to alert you to the fact that you have an inbound call - people forget that others have to listen to it too!

Mine's just a ring downloaded years ago an put on every phone I've had since...old fashioned like the classic old dial phones.
Messages are just the Samsung whistle.

I'd really like Thunderstruck though.

Martin Garrix - Animals, although most of the time my phone's just set to vibrate.

For my sins.... Yoda "Message from the darkside" is my notification tone

Last edited:
I have 2.
Lullaby - The Cure; general calls
Female of the species - Space; The wife calling :)

My ringtone is the opening notes to 'One' by Metallica, and my SMS/Notification tone is Ron Burgandy saying "Youre a smelly pirate hooker" :D

The traditional AT&T Affinity PABX handset tone. Some youngsters call it the CCTU or 24 ring tone. Pah, tv generation :)

Mine is the original 1963 theme music to Doctor Who, by the late Delia Derbyshire.

For text messages I have the Tardis dematerializing sound effect.

Pink Floyd's Let there be more light from Saucerfull of Secrets album.

I have Less Than Jake's ALl my Best Freinds are metalheads on mine, with full speech intro. Starts pretty quiet and has to ring a long time before it gets to the first heavy chord. Ash's Burn Baby Burn was another good one.

Dad has an excellent compilation of Doh!s from Homer Simpson on his.

Boring old fashioned telephone on mine - I spent a long time a while ago trying to find the ring tone from Mikael Blomkvist's phone in "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo", but gave up in the end.

If anyone knows where I can find it for iphone I would be grateful.

Thanks.

Boring old fashioned telephone on mine - I spent a long time a while ago trying to find the ring tone from Mikael Blomkvist's phone in "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo", but gave up in the end.

If anyone knows where I can find it for iphone I would be grateful.

Thanks.

Have you tried 'Zedge'? Might be a no go, but they do have quite a selection on there.

Have you tried 'Zedge'? Might be a no go, but they do have quite a selection on there.

Thank you, I'm not even going to begin to hazard a guess at your name.

Zedge seems to suggest the Sony Ericcson standard tone in Sweden, or the Nokia Do Mi So tone, neither of which is correct!!

I have two, Dr who (not the theme tune though, it's one played during an episode) and the other time is a Star Wars tune, the one that's played when Darth Vader enters a scene (that's played when the wife phones).

i have different ring tones for different people in my address book made up from different tunes
i just find a bit i like, extract it and cut it into a usable riff
as far as txt alerts go i tend to make them with the AT&T txt to speech engine and they go something along the lines of "alison has sent you a txt message" ( different name for different people in my address book )

Wonderful Land Mike Oldfield.

The best one I ever heard, was spoken by a BBC English type voice.

"Excuse me sir, someone is trying to reach you telephonically,
Shall I tell them to f*** orf?"

Think the current phone's pretty much bog standard, as it came out of the box. I used to fanny around with stuff like altering ringtones etc. a while back, but these days I just CBA. I remember having one particular awkward sod of a client assigned the "mission impossible" tune though - because every time he called, it was to request yet another thing that just wasn't going to happen...

I made an off the cuff remark to a mate of mine last week, and he has sent me Richard Burton saying "Broadsword calling Danny Boy" from Where Eagles Dare. I've installed it but it drives SWMBO mad so it may not have long left.

Quite funny though.

ive had this for years for email notifications...my bird hates it drives her nuts

i have amnesia by faithless or ring of fire by johnny cash as my ringtone

for messages i use "leeets get ready tooo rumbllllle" soundbite from the film snatch

When the levee breaks - Led Zeppelin and a snip from shine on you crazy daimond for sms messages.

Wonderful Land Mike Oldfield.

The best one I ever heard, was spoken by a BBC English type voice.

"Excuse me sir, someone is trying to reach you telephonically,
Shall I tell them to f*** orf?"

A few years ago, Mrs Nod had a phone that allowed you to record your own ring tone so I recorded myself shouting "Oi! Mrs Nod! Pick up your bloody phone!" Since she always left it on a shelf behind the bar that she was managing at the time, all the customers heard it when it was called.

Various.

Eek a Mouse - Ganja Smuggling
Bowie - Drive in Saturday- The Man Who Sold The World
Deep Purple - Child in Time
Slade - Get Down Get With It
Booze and Glory - London Skinheads Crew
Reggae - Tighten Up - Police and Thieves - Liquidator

Currently Saturday Night at the Movies by the Drifters, although fancy a change so these ideas are coming in handy :)

Step On by the Happy Mondays, been my ringtone for years, great intro for a ringtone.. i-tunes did mess me about once and I had to make my own ringtone which resulted in me having the full song now.

When I had a blackberry about 15 years ago had Sham69, Cockney Rejects, Piranhas (Getting Beaten Up was a fave) ,etc............. for different messages.

Have a listen to the Happy Mondays, Step On >

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CQLAhNlbfQ

Last edited:
mine is power of love .. huey lewis and the news .. yup bit of a bttf fan and only 6 days till "that" day

I used to have the opening bars of Iron Maiden's "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" prefer "Taxi" though

Back