Whats your view

Name
andy
Edit My Images
No
hey there, looking to buy a canon 70-200mm f.2.8 is, whats your view on this lens?????????? (y) or :thumbsdown:

I love mine i would,nt part with it. I use it for most of my zoo pics

this was taken using it at Chester zoo

I rarely use mine but it's too good to get rid of.

Bob

An absolute cracker, very versatile, sharp and good in low light, with a fantastic bokeh (y)

great lens - but not as good as the hype for moving objects

Depends what you want it for. It's a great lens but for any given person it might be overkill. Do you need f/2.8 and IS? Personally I'd struggle to justify £1300 unless I really needed those capabilities.

I cant think of a better zoom it that range for moving objects, so tell me this was a joke lol.;)

there is not a better zoom in that range, but is it as good as the hype? - well after owning two copies from new and used them for sports fixed to fast cameras (1dmk2n) they both fell short of my expectations, when i sold the first one (non IS) the new owner was over the moon with it - so maybe I was expecting more from a lens that is now around £1300

i have no problems with the quality of the lenses - it's just the speed and accuracy of the focusing (camera and lens have been calibrated) when used on a fast moving object in continual focusing mode.

I never use mine anymore as I use primes most of the time now, but for a long time I used it as my main lens for action photography ie powerboat racing, jet ski and aviation and it was bang on even with a 1.4TC.

Superb lens - if you have a good copy it is razor sharp. Don't use mine that often now but still wouldn't part with it.

hey there, looking to buy a canon 70-200mm f.2.8 is, whats your view on this lens?????????? (y) or :thumbsdown:
What do you want to do with it?
UNless you have a specific use we can't say much other than 'It's an amazing lens'

It's a great lens, I had mine mounted on a gimble and tested the combination by focussing on the numberplates of moving cars as they came towards me ( a bit like a traffic cop would do when using a laser speed camera).

The results using the AF Servo were brilliant, all numberplates in focus in focus and som of the cars were doing 40+.

Perhaps I shpuld have been a speed cop !!!!

The results using the AF Servo were brilliant, all numberplates in focus in focus and som of the cars were doing 40+.

and if you fired the shots off at 8.5 fps were they all still in focus?

if you zoomed out fast from 200 to 70 whilst taking the photos were they all still in focus?

i know that both the lenses i had would fail the above test with some of the shots really sharp but others way out - maybe 20% duff

Back