What's your xqd card recommendations?

Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
Thinking of getting a D500 subject to getting a decent price on my 7200.
What are your recommendations on xqd cards , Lexar or Sony ?
Regards,
Rob.

Lexar have been sold and the fate of their memory cards is unknown at the moment, that said there are supplies out there ... I use 1440x Lexar XQD in my D500 and have never exceeded their speed so you don't need more expensive ones. :)

I have a Lexar 32GB 2933x XQD card for my D500, which is supposed to be the fastest, afaik. :)

The speed of the card does not effect the fps, but the number of images in a burst until it slows down. For most a pretty decent fast card can give 3-5 seconds at 10fps.

I also got a Lexar Professional 32 GB Class 10 UHS-II 2000x Speed (300 MB/s) SDHC at the same time I got the XQD card. I haven't reach the full buffer with either card.

Edit: I bought my cards on Amazon in April 2016. The Lexar 32GB 2933x XQD was £61.34, and is now £87.94. :eek:

The Lexar Professional 32 GB UHS-II 2000x SDHC was £36.39, and is now £71.99. :eek: :eek:

And Lexar got out because it wasn't profitable enough. :thinking: :LOL:

Btw, I know prices have probably gone up because stock may be getting scarce. ;) Bucking the trend of memory prices generally decreasing. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
i would generally agree that the state of play with lexar warranty is up in the air at the moment so sony may be a safer bet in that sense. HAving said that i was able to pick up 2 64gb 2933x lexar cards at £72 each a couple of weeks ago. At that sort of price difference im willing to roll the dice. SOny at that time were around 130 iirc

Last edited:
Well with a generous helping of Carlsberg on a friday night my index finger has just clicked the buy it now on a d500 and a lexar card, you only live once, gonna get a 10 fps burst of the wife going mental , pics to follow!

I use 2933x Lexar cards in my D500, I have half a dozen 32gb cards and so far they have not missed a beat.

Similar for me with 64Gb- if you're looking for fps then go as high as you can.

I have just added a couple of Sony 64Gb cards and will be trying them in anger over the next 2 weeks- post if any problems

I've had no problems with my Lexar 32GB 2933x, and I have a mixture of 32 Gb SD cards in the second slot (all fast Class 10s) - never had a problem...

I bought 2 initially, bought a 3rd when I saw prices heading north... capacity is immense, But seeing how quickly cards fill up on my D810, capacity and reliability will be a bigger consideraation for XQD in the D850.

Back