When did frying pans get so complicated?

Why is it that some people simply can't grasp the concept of not using mental implements in a coated pan..I even seen so called professional chefs do it on the various cooking programs...:mad::mad:

Why is it that some people simply can't grasp the concept of not using mental implements in a coated pan..I even seen so called professional chefs do it on the various cooking programs...:mad::mad:

Quite agree, silicon and wooden spatulas and spoons here. The pros on the telly don't have to pay for them.

Just seen this thread - and its a real PITA for me too !!!

EVERY 'non-stick' I've ever had sticks after a while and hits the bin around the 1-year mark

I recently bought one in a discount shop - down from £80 to £20 :)

It's WIDE and has deep sides = perfect :)

Except - its base also has strange bobble on it, which seem to trap scraps, fat, EVERY fking thing and its a pain to clean :(

If I ever find a "perfect" one - I'll go buy 10 to see me out :D

Dave

Coincidentally on the look out for a decent [2nd] pan here too. Bought a new one a few months back, a no-name non stick deep and wide - it's been working fine for slower cooking, nothing has stuck to it yet but ... it takes an age to heat up, not the best for quick fry ups/pancakes, just takes too long. Used to have a ridged Tefal that made steaks look killer, maybe I'll get a small one of those on side.

Back