When does Photography plan usually go on sale?

If you have Amazon Prime it's in the prime early access deals from this morning

Usually on Black Friday, or as said above the current Prime Day sales it may well go on sale.

I do wish they'd put the 1Tb plan on sale from time to time. It's always the 20Gb plan which is no good to me

Lightroom 1Tb is currently £64.99 for Prime members
That only gives you LR, not LR Classic and Photoshop as well. I don't use LR Classic anymore but since the license lets you use it on 2 PCs my dad has LR Classic on his computer. The equivalent to the 20GB plan with more storage never goes on sale.

That only gives you LR, not LR Classic and Photoshop as well. I don't use LR Classic anymore but since the license lets you use it on 2 PCs my dad has LR Classic on his computer. The equivalent to the 20GB plan with more storage never goes on sale.

Ahh, I see. I didn't even know you got a 1Tb version of Classic.

Just had my renewal notice for this from Adobe, about £120 so the amazon prime offer is attractive. Anyone know if I'm going to give myself problems by cancelling the auto renew (which expires early november) and buying the same plan at the reduced rate from amazon?

Just had my renewal notice for this from Adobe, about £120 so the amazon prime offer is attractive. Anyone know if I'm going to give myself problems by cancelling the auto renew (which expires early november) and buying the same plan at the reduced rate from amazon?
Just redeem your code and your auto renew will be suspended for a year.

Funny i can’t seem to access the early access price even though I have prime
edit. It shows when getting to payment, thanks

Last edited:
I bought and stacked two years at the Prime Day price, after joining Prime, and have now cancelled my Prime membership, effectively therefore not actually paying for the Prime membership. Quietly pleased with myself. I do temporarily join Prime occasionally for specific things like this or a TV/Movie video, but as there is nothing to interest me most of the time, I manage to avoid supporting Jeff Bezos' lifestyle.

I bought and stacked two years at the Prime Day price, after joining Prime, and have now cancelled my Prime membership, effectively therefore not actually paying for the Prime membership. Quietly pleased with myself. I do temporarily join Prime occasionally for specific things like this or a TV/Movie video, but as there is nothing to interest me most of the time, I manage to avoid supporting Jeff Bezos' lifestyle.

That's the way to do it...... :)

I'm just about to push the button on this for a year myself, but surely there are disadvantages? What happens when your year runs out and you decide you don't want LR any longer? Adobe can't take away all your edits, can they?
You lose access to the software when your subscription ends. I feel like that DAM part of LR can still be used for free, but you wouldn't be able to edit any new files or make changes to old ones. Once you start subscribing you have to carry on if you want to keep using LR. When your year you've purchased runs out you'll drop onto the subscription at £9.99 a month. You can stack codes, so buying 2 now would give you 2 years of access

Last edited:
Hi, Sorry to be a pain but if I buy another sub now I save the license or redeem it straight away?

redeem straight away, it just extends your next renewal date as mentioned above

I'm just about to push the button on this for a year myself, but surely there are disadvantages? What happens when your year runs out and you decide you don't want LR any longer? Adobe can't take away all your edits, can they?
You will loose access to the develop module but you will not loose your edits.

You will still be able to access your images (including edits) from the Library and even do basic edits from the Library module. You can still export your images and print them but that's about it.

More info here

For those wanting to use other software but miss the DAM element of LR, you could actually use LR as your DAM for free and then "edit in" to edit your images in another application.

Last edited:

You will still be able to access your images (including edits) from the Library and even do basic edits from the Library module. You can still export your images and print them but that's about it.

More info here

For those wanting to use other software but miss the DAM element of LR, you could actually use LR as your DAM for free and then "edit in" to edit your images in another application.

Very helpful. Thanks.

More info here

Remembering, of course, that your edits made in another application will not be saved in the Lightroom catalogue and LR may not be able to display the image with those edits in the Library unless you save as a jpg or tiff when going back to LR.

Remembering, of course, that your edits made in another application will not be saved in the Lightroom catalogue and LR may not be able to display the image with those edits in the Library unless you save as a jpg or tiff when going back to LR.

Generally when you round trip from LR to any editing app, the images are saved back as either a dng or tif file and any edits would be baked into those so of course they would be shown in the library module. Just like a tif file would be if you sent an image to be editing in PS and saved it.

Of course it's never going to be as good as using LR for DAM and editing but it is a way to catalog your images for free.

Back