When is a neck strap not a neck strap!

Edit My Images
No
So I've been looking for a nice neck strap for my new fuji x100t (sad I know!) but it's a treat for me so I'm happy to spend a bit on it.

I've found some such as tap & dye, hard graft etc but ideally looking for something designed & made in the UK that's not just a thin bit of leather!

So I'm putting it out there to see if anyone knows any UK designers/manufacturers that make neck straps that work and look good!

http://www.cordweaver.co.uk/shop.php?cat=neck-straps

Looking to get one from here myself

Theres another guy, based in the UK but I can't remember his name, I believe he's had a serious illness recently and I'm not sure he's still making them.

Edit, remembered now, its Footprint. I think you might still be able to buy them. More here

Last edited:
It's not too difficult to make your own.

This is the one I made for my X-E2. The only change I'd make is to use slightly larger split rings as it's tight to get on/off.

This is an even simpler one, no stitch and adjustable for length. Actually, this one's spare at the moment as I sold the -Pro1 a while ago.

Or you could buy some military grade paracord and weave one yourself.

http://www.cordweaver.co.uk/shop.php?cat=neck-straps

Looking to get one from here myself

Theres another guy, based in the UK but I can't remember his name, I believe he's had a serious illness recently and I'm not sure he's still making them.

Edit, remembered now, its Footprint. I think you might still be able to buy them. More here

The cord weaver ones are the nicest cord ones I've seen, hmm! I'd been looking for leather but I'll give them some serious thought!

I appreciate the people suggesting I make one, unfortunately I'm just not that good at making stuff!

I appreciate the people suggesting I make one, unfortunately I'm just not that good at making stuff!

Can you tie your shoelaces? :)

The cord weaver ones are the nicest cord ones I've seen, hmm! I'd been looking for leather but I'll give them some serious thought!
Cost price is £5-£20 for the bits needed for a leather strap if you wanted to have a try. For a simple thin strip (like the one on the -Pro1) it's about £2, for the one on the -E2 it's closer to £15 but only because the wider neck piece is more expensive and you end up only using a fraction of it. For £20 you can afford to mess up a couple if you're not confident.

@Ferj - for a donation to the RNLI you can have the one shown on the -Pro1 if you want, use as-is or as the basis for your own adaptation. It's based on a design that Anchors & Anvils blogged but didn't put on sale. If you have the standard Fuji triangular split rings fitted it's really easy to put on and adjust.

Back