When to recharge Canon batteries?

Name
Trev
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm off to longleat tomorow, I have one fully charged battery, and one that I've been using today.
I really don't want to run out of power before the days out.
Can you put the batteries on charge when it hasn't run out or does it not have a memory??

Sorry if this a silly question :wacky:

Your thinking about Ni-cad batterys, they had a memory, but you will be fine mate.

wow speedy reply..
Now charging :)

thanks bud (y)

p.s. one of my batteries yesterday charged in about 20 mins.. is that cos its on its way out?

No its probably due to it having quite a bit of go still left in it.

I charge my batteries i have used that day straight away for the next time and always rotate them so they get the same amount of charges / use. just so i dont have one good and one bad battery, when i find them progressively lasting shorter times i just bin them and get some more.

You should never feel silly asking questions, it's when you don't ask questions and it all goes pear shaped you should feel silly.

Like the time an agency driver came to drive a new artic, didn't understand the gearbox, didn't ask, went tanking down a hill, didn't know how to change down to use the engine braking and finished up sideways over the roundabout

Now he felt silly

I was wondering this the other day. Actually, the leaflets that come with the batteries emphasize the fact that you can charge the batteries any time you like. It's great too because I remember the days when you had to fully discharge the battery before recharging it again.

One of the things the leaflet also suggests is charging your batteries to full on the day before or the day of your outing.

You may want to leave the batteries on the charger for an hour or so after the charge indicator states full charge. I vaguely remember reading somewhere that they get to about 90-95%, when the "full charge" light goes on, they then trickle up to the full charge over the next hour or so

You may want to leave the batteries on the charger for an hour or so after the charge indicator states full charge. I vaguely remember reading somewhere that they get to about 90-95%, when the "full charge" light goes on, they then trickle up to the full charge over the next hour or so

Now that is worth knowing! thanks(y)
I have 2 batteries.. might have to invest in a few more lol.

I always found my 350D batteries died really quickly - certainly they wouldnt hold a charge from one week to the next and they absolutely HATED cold.

My advice - charge them before you intend to use them and as Chappers says, leave them an hour or so after full charge is indicated to fully cook.

Back