When was the last time.......

lawrie29

Balloons! Yay!
Name
Lawrie
Edit My Images
Yes
You listened to a full album. Not a track or two, but the whole album, start to finish, in the order it was intended to be listend to. And what was it.

I haven't for ages, but have got Word Gets Around by the Stereophonics on and rockin out!

there are only a handful of albums I listen to in full, without skipping the carp tracks!

Bryan Adams - The Best of Me (Greatest Hits) and Evanescence - Fallen are two that spring to mind

as for when, I had "Fallen" on last week, but before that I'd dread to think. As I assume you're implying (as the music industry in general appears to have been doing recently) most of the time its one track here, 3 tracks there :)

Last edited:
99% of the time I do listen to the entire album. Principal music source is cd player though. Itunes is in permanent shuffle mode so that is a never if I listen to mac based music. Last album would be Groove Armada and Black Light a few weeks ago.

As above, 99% of my music listening is done album by album.
I always get the order stuck into my head so if I hear one of the songs I always think that the following song should follow it and if it doesn't (shuffle or whatever), then I get confused. :(

Last album listened to was "Our Kid Eh" by The Shirehorses.

lots at the mo with us just moving lots of decorating to do so no time to mess..

Placebo - Placebo
Wedding Present - George Best
Replacements - Let it Be
Neds Atomic Dustbin - God Fodder
Ride - Nowhere

have all been listened to as intended over the past couple of days..

anything by Afghan Whigs, 10'000 Maniacs, Buffalo Tom, Dinosaur Jr never get skipped, I put the album on and next thing album is finsihed and I am staring into an abyss of awesomeness :cool:

If I'm in the car then it's The Defamation of Strickland Banks and to relax at night it's Wish You Were Here

I usually listen to the White Lies albums in full most days right now, both albums

The last time I listened to an album all the way through was last night on the train - Radiohead Kid A. the day before it was the Foo's Wasting Light. To be honest when I listen to music I always listen to complete albums, not necessarily all the way through, but always in the intended order.

I'm just too old to be faffing around with all this playlist rubbish.

Pretty much everytime I get into my car - between driving to and from work I tend to listen to a full album.

At the moment I have in the car:

C Lo Green - the lady killer
Dolly Parton - Greatest Hits
Pink - I'm Not Dead

and some others I can't remember right now!

The vast majority of my listening is full albums. Realised just how much better it was than listening to individual singles, and how much more enjoyable it was.

It was Warpaint - The Fool

Most nights when I go to bed I'll stick 'an album' on my ipod and fall asleep listening to it.

It tends to be something fairly restfull though - if I have it on Shuffle something always blasts on and gives me a heart attack.

Last night was Chill Out by KLF

Yesterday, Green Day - Dookie, went round 2 or 3 times as it happens. Before that it would have been Sonny Landreth - From The Reach.

Fairly often for me, physical graffiti by the almighty led Zeppelin goes on as a whole album, as do most albums by John frusciante to chill out :)

Probably one of eminem's early ones?

havent got the time to listen to a full one. many acts dont do the "our album has to be heard in full to understand the songs"

Today, on the road, two infact:

The Cure - Disintegration
Deftones - White Pony

This one - beast of an album

master-of-puppets.jpg

It must be years (as in about 5) ago since I listened to a whole album.

The last ones I can remember are

Supernatural, and
The Who live at Leeds

Dave

Focus 3 is a favourite and Gary Moore Scars....... my fave decorating to album Thin Lizzy Live and Dangerous:bonk:

Most recent:
Gary Numan - Telekon

Frequently:
REM- Automatic for the people
Manic-This is my truth
Pink Floyd - Dark side of the moon and wish you were here

Once a fortnight (getting ready to go out)
Queer as folk (UK series1)
Almighty Anthems/12" of pleasure

Struggling with:
Muse - Absolution
Green Day - American Idiot

Last one was Errol Lintons Blues Vibe, bit peeved as got half way through it and my mp3 player blew up :bang:

'Captain Lockheed and the Starfighters'. I don't think that it's actually possible to listen to the tracks in a different order.

Just finished listening to 'Build A Rocket Boys!' by Elbow

Any good? I've been meaning to get round to listening to that for some time. Quite liked The Seldom Seen Kid (and the live one was quite good as well).

The Birthday Massacre - Violet
Within Temptation - The Unforgiving
Delain - Lucidity
The Birthday Massacre - Pins & Needles
Airbourne - Runnin' wild
Gary Numan - Pure

To name a few recent ones. I listen to full albums a lot.

Back