Tommy
Edit My Images
No
So bad they are brilliant.

http://pryf.livejournal.com/4211139.html :ROFLMAO:

My personal favourite

0_14c9ef_4a99e81b_orig.jpg

Last edited:
Some great photoshop skills in there, some of those guys are wasted on wedding photography!!!

That's great and fun!

I once photoshopped Darth Varder into a group photo of my ex-brother-in-law, his wife, his sister, myself and my then wife (whom is his other sister), and a couple of weeks later, when I visited him, I said to him: How's your friend, Darth Vader? Haven't seen him since the wedding."

He asked me: "What are you talking about?"

"Oh, you know him, tall, breathing problems, and dressed in all black."

"Yes, I know who he is, but...?"

So I showed him the photo, and he busted out laughing!!!!

Heres one I done of a Newcastle supporting mate, I really didn't want to photograph his wedding, not my thing and not confident enough really. I was his best man as well as photographer but I planned this weeks before his big day. I put a copy as the last photo in his album but I also got a book printed with it in there as well. His reaction was incredible and totally unrepeatable, but was well worth it!

Sunderland Wedding
by madmackem, on Flickr

Heres one I done of a Newcastle supporting mate, I really didn't want to photograph his wedding, not my thing and not confident enough really. I was his best man as well as photographer but I planned this weeks before his big day. I put a copy as the last photo in his album but I also got a book printed with it in there as well. His reaction was incredible and totally unrepeatable, but was well worth it!

Sunderland Wedding
by madmackem, on Flickr

Good work. Being a season ticket holder at Sunderland myself I can imagine how much that hurts your friend.

Good work. Being a season ticket holder at Sunderland myself I can imagine how much that hurts your friend.
Always nice to see fellow mackems around. Trust you got a Wembley ticket?

is it scary being a wedding photographer,
what if it goes tits up on the day.
and the bride and groom are in a rage that the photos were not that good.
the most important photos of there lives,
you got to have some balls to be a wedding tog.

I didn't enjoy it! Being best man was bad enough!! However if I hadn't my mate wouldn't have had any photos so it was my wedding gift to him.

Never happens to a good wedding tog - the golden rule is that even if your camera breaks, the weather is terrible, the bride gets drunk and spend much of the day throwing up, and the groom arrives with a black eye from getting in a fight the night before , its still your responsibility to get good pictures.

This is why wedding togs bang on about back ups and redundancy of kit - even if both 5d3s quit on you, you've got the 50D and a spare lens in the boot of your car , even if that breaks too theres always the last ditch TZ35 , and if that fails I'll 'king well shoot it with my iphone (though that hasn't happened yet)

I couldn't agree more. The only time it can go tits up, is when you're not a professional, you just tell people you are and charge £150 to shoot the entire day and give them "copyright free" photos on disc before you leave on the evening of the wedding. A good friend of mine had that experience on his wedding day. The "photographer"'s camera packed up about 30 seconds into the ceremony, he borrowed a guest's camera and by the time he'd worked out how to turn it on, the ceremony was over.The most difficult thing for me, was that I'd offered to do the wedding photos for them, as our wedding gift to them (I've known him since school, so I was happy to be out of pocket for it) the ono reason they said no, was because the bride's father had already organised this other guy to do it for them. Being a guest, I hadn't taken my camera with me, so all i could do was watch and pray that I could get something useful for them with my phone, from our seats, while the other guy fumbled around.

They didn't get a single useable image from him. Those he did manage to take were all either massively underexposed or out of focus.

Back