North England Where abouts is this view on Rydal Water, Cumbria ???

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
Off to Ambleside tomorrow.

Anyone know whereabouts this is on Rydal Water? Which path is it on, high or low?

Attachments

• rydal.jpg
    rydal.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 70
Drive north up the A591 from Ambleside just as you enter Rydal there is a hump back bridge off to the left.
I think it is callled Pelter Bridge.
Go over the bridge, immediately right over a cattle grid and you come to a pay car park.
Park there and walk up the track and as you get to the southern end of the lake this bench is there for you to enjoy the view.

Last edited:
Drive north up the A591 from Ambleside just as you enter Rydal there is a hump back bridge off to the left.
I think it is callled Pelter Bridge.
Go over the bridge, immediately right over a cattle grid and you come to a pay car park.
Park there and walk up the track and as you get to the southern end of the lake this bench is there for you to enjoy the view.

Yes I know how to get to Rydal Water. I was there last year.

But I would like to know which path the view was taken on. There's a high and low path.

In this screenshot, which path do I take? red or yellow?

Attachments

• ryda.jpg
    ryda.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Edited my reply

I’ve not been there myself but looking at the image you have posted along with the path map I would say it’s on the east end of Rydal Water where there are insecting paths between the low and high paths. It looks like it’s taken from height so most likely somewhere between the low and high paths. My guess is:

All Photos-787 by -Rob - Nikon-

Edit: it may not be exactly in the circled yellow area but I would expect it to be somewhere around there. There seems to be several paths insecting the low and high paths in that rough area so not much effort walking about trying to find the bench.

Last edited:
Alright thanks guys.

Just follow my instructions and as you go through a gate and emerge from the trees it is there in front of you.
It is 20-30 feet above lake.
10 mins walk from the car park.

Back