Where are you this weekend???

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a bit of fun seeing what everyone is up to :)

Where are you shooting this weekend, if anywhere?

I have two field hockey games; one tomorrow (women's Midlands Premier League) and one on Sunday (men's National Premier League), weather forecast so far looks decent with sunny spells, should make for some good photos.

Where are you all off to?

Photographing Dundee FC Hall of Fame dinner tonight - Ibrox for Scottish Cup quarter final between Rangers and Dundee tomorrow lunchtime (weather forecast is big old softbox in the sky) - then out around the local parks for amateur and women's football on Sunday.

The Banks's Stadium for Walsall v Barnsley. My last two outings there have been very soggy ones! Planning to arrive early, to get a seat in the media room for the Spus v Arsenal game, before hand.
Have you ever been whalloped by a stray hockey ball Dan? Those things move at quite a pace, and must be more bruising than a football bouncing off your head.
Have a good weekend all.

Sounds like a good weekend ahead fellas!

Peanut, no I haven't had a ball whack me yet nor do I intend on being in a position to be hit if i can help it lol! I will update you sunday when ive finished my weekends shooting lol

One of those days today...for some strange unknown reason I could not get into today's game whatsoever, and it showed when I got home and went through my files.

Our ladies hockey team are still in a promotion push but sadly lost today and with 2 games to go is going to be too close for comfort. The 2 final fixtures are now massive if they are to stand a chance of getting promoted. Hope lies in us winning and the team above to drop points...

The opposition today looked under the cosh for the best part of the game, yet we couldn't bury any of our shots.

As time wore on I kept thinking the inevitable was going to happen, the visitors for all the pressure they had been under I just felt would nick it in the dying minutes, punishment for our lack of ability to put away our many created chances.

Well, instinct was right and with 2 minutes remaining the Leicester team buried a penalty corner and my heart sank!

1-0 the final score and all to play for in the next couple of weeks.

I've now finished editing my shots and enjoying another beer.

Tomorrow is quite the opposite for our other hockey team; the Men's 1st team are in a slightly different position...relegation in on the cards if they fail to pick up points tomorrow - fingers crossed for them and that I can get my eye in behind the camera. They have suffered a few miserable recent results which has seen them slip down the table, even loosing to bottom placed last weekend which was a big boo boo.

Hope you all had a good day, if you are out tomorrow like me, enjoy!!!

Just finished editing two games from the Wessex League and emailed to the sports editor of the local newspaper.
Glad I don't have to wire any photos during the game.
Reference hockey balls, I have covered two hockey games so far and I stay well away from the goals as there is no boardings to cower behind.

R.e today's men's fixture, they lost 2-1 and now all balances on the last game, even if we manage a win if the others get results too if could mean the dreaded drop!

Next weekend will reveal all - at best it seems we could end up in the playoffs with teams looking to come up from leagues below us, nothing like making hard work of it lol!

All in all a fairly terrible weekend for our local teams, with one facing relegation and the other making hard work of promotion (ladies).

The fun of sports ay :)

Plans for the weekend anybody?

I am shooting our Men's 1st XI hockey on Sunday as they battle to avoid relegation, they require a win and for the team above to fail to beat their opposition; the team we are playing are currently 2nd in the table a full of talent, will be a tough game and hard pill to swallow should the worst happen.

Anyone else got anything exciting this weekend sports wise?

Shooting an U20's rugby match between two rivals, not 1st XV games this weekend so should be a high standard on show.

For six whole months, every Saturday my wife and I have been out (her on a horse and me with my camera) - this weekend is the first in all that time that we're stuck for an activity so will probably be cheering Wales in the 6 Nations :)

It will be weird (not the supporting Wales I hasten to add). Even our son won't know what to do with us back home.

Got a puncture on the car to be fixed and will probably take my son out for a driving lesson. Might pop up on to the Malverns with a couple of labradors and a 6D with a 70-200mm or a 17-40mm and some filters :D

Gonna be a weird Saturday, whatever happens. Six months doing the same thing every Saturday sort of becomes rather in-grained.

Oh yes, I'll be watching the game tomorrow with a few beers too, supporting England; should be a good match! Who's your money on?

The main thing is we have good weather by all accounts this weekend, so enjoy it and get snapping!

I hope the forecast stays as predicted for Sunday, perfect conditions for our hockey match!

Tomorrow I am taking the Cocker Spaniel & Jack Russell up our local haunt, Cannock Chase! no camera though, just relaxing

FA Vase Semi Final Hereford v Salisbury.

My local team Heath Hayes FC are apparently back in this cup, with Wolverhampton Sporting being kicked out for fielding and illegible player. They play Audley & District tomorrow at home ( I have covered them but for some reason have lost all contact with them so haven't been for a while else I would have been there tomorrow).

Enjoy your day :)

Back