Where can I get a print profile for Canon SG-201 from?

Name
Nigel
Edit My Images
Yes
Ive hunted high and low, Googled, searched hither and thither but just can't track down the printing profile for Canon SG-201 paper. The Canon website is a complete nitemare to navigate and I cant find the damn thing :bang:

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Until you tell us what printer its for its going to be hard to help you, as they would all need a different profile.

what are the list of profiles you have

they are named SG1, PR1, GL3 etc the semi gloss paper is SG1 you may not have it. if not then try printing with PR2 (the number referes to the quality setting)

remember to choose photoshop manages colour and turn your ICM off

Had a quick look on the web and it may be the profiles are listed as SP-1 or GL-1 or similar. Not sure why they use that designation, as it is a bit odd.

Yes the Canon web site isn't the most user friendly when you want some specific technical information.

ICM is the printers colour management software. As Photoshop is doing the colour management you don't want the printer doing it as well. So you turn it off.

You should find this somewhere in the printer dialog box. Possibly under the advanced tab ( Not sure on a Canon, I'm an Epson user) .

ICM is the printers colour management software. As Photoshop is doing the colour management you don't want the printer doing it as well. So you turn it off.

You should find this somewhere in the printer dialog box. Possibly under the advanced tab ( Not sure on a Canon, I'm an Epson user) .

thanks for the info John, I'll take a look when I'm back home (y)

on the print preferences box set colour intensity to manual and click set, then in the tab selection click matching and make sure that none is highlighted rather than driver matching or ICM.

Back