Where developes film?

Edit My Images
Yes
This may be a slightly basic question, but I found a Fujica ST605 SLR and roll of film in the cupboard earlier in the week that I brought in a charity shop and forgot all about, so now I want to play with it, but, where can I take the film to be developed?

I'm guessing the days of dropping it into Boots and collecting it a few days later are long gone...

Good morning, Adam!

Boots still develop film. You can order prints or have the pics put on a disc - or both! Google 'Boots photography services'. I have an Olympus film camera and that's where I take the films. Give it a go!

Hi Adam, if you have a look in the stickies section there is a resources section, in there is a list of most of the places to get your film developed (as well as lots of other useful info).
Personally I use Filmdev, send it off to them, they dev and scan and send back a link to a download of the images with the actual negatives returned a few days later, usually takes 3 or 4 days maximum.
The last time i used Boots it took 3 weeks :D

I'm rather surprised to see Jessops and Boots still develop film and charge rather reasonable prices!

With film being quite a niche market, I expected it to be almost impossible to get film developed these days!

I will have to give film a go!

I'm rather surprised to see Jessops and Boots still develop film and charge rather reasonable prices!

With film being quite a niche market, I expected it to be almost impossible to get film developed these days!

I will have to give film a go!

Well done that man. If you need any help or advice feel free to ask, there's no such thing as a stupid question although you may well receive a couple of daft answers. :D

Well done that man. If you need any help or advice feel free to ask, there's no such thing as a stupid question although you may well receive a couple of daft answers. :D

Thanks, I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions, I've had a couple of film cameras for about 5 years, I used to use a sony DSLR, so brought a couple of Minolta film SLRs for the lenses from charity shops, I got the Fujica St605 just because it looked pretty retro... I'll have to load a roll of film into one of them next time I go out shooting and see how it goes :)

Back