Where do you buy your A3 frames...?

Ribba used to come with wire, but the last lot I bought didn't have any in the pack - maybe they've stopped supplying it.

Whilst I'm sure these frames are okay for displaying your photos in a tea room, restaurant etc, IMHO they don't do the photograph justice and is not a frame I would want to hang in my house.
This is the reason why I'm going to start my own framing

What makes you say that? I'm not have a dig or anything, just curious as to your thoughts on them.

Whilst I'm sure these frames are okay for displaying your photos in a tea room, restaurant etc, IMHO they don't do the photograph justice and is not a frame I would want to hang in my house.
This is the reason why I'm going to start my own framing
Granted they are nothing special but the last time I had frames purpose built they cost a small fortune, which in turn pushed the prices of my framed prints higher than I would have liked too. These frames are of a good standard for the price and wipe the floor with the ones you can get for a similar price in Wilkinsons and places like that. In order to frame them myself could be an expensive use of materials that might be sitting in storage while waiting for the others to sell.

What makes you say that? I'm not have a dig or anything, just curious as to your thoughts on them.

I just don't think they compliment the photo. The correct number and colour of mounts and style / colour of frame can make a big difference to the final look of an image.

I think the mount colour on both images shown clash with the image, in particular the one with the white mount. The wooden frame may not be to bad with a complimentary mount but the white frame along with the white mount do nothing for that image.

Of course this is just my opinion.

Granted they are nothing special but the last time I had frames purpose built they cost a small fortune, which in turn pushed the prices of my framed prints higher than I would have liked too. These frames are of a good standard for the price and wipe the floor with the ones you can get for a similar price in Wilkinsons and places like that. In order to frame them myself could be an expensive use of materials that might be sitting in storage while waiting for the others to sell.

I 100% agree. I framed an A3 image for our living room just before Christmas and it cost me over £100. Saying that, I'm over the moon with it.

Unfortunately thought the frames available on the high street be that Wilkinsons, The Range, Dunhelm or Ikea are a one size fit all solution and unfortunately they don't fit all.
Again, that's why I've invested a bit of money on a Mitre saw, underpinner and mat cutter so that I can frame my images in a frame that completes the image for a fraction of the price.

I 100% agree. I framed an A3 image for our living room just before Christmas and it cost me over £100. Saying that, I'm over the moon with it.

Unfortunately thought the frames available on the high street be that Wilkinsons, The Range, Dunhelm or Ikea are a one size fit all solution and unfortunately they don't fit all.
Again, that's why I've invested a bit of money on a Mitre saw, underpinner and mat cutter so that I can frame my images in a frame that completes the image for a fraction of the price.
I have however made frames for canvases, some up to 6x4ft and that is actually making the frame not using stretcher bars. At the time I was able to get 6x4ft of canvas printed for £49 and was able to frame them for a great deal cheaper than some companies and I found them to be of better quality and workmanship () compared to ones I bought that used stretcher bars. Maybe you can make some frames for me hahaha

I just don't think they compliment the photo. The correct number and colour of mounts and style / colour of frame can make a big difference to the final look of an image.

I think the mount colour on both images shown clash with the image, in particular the one with the white mount. The wooden frame may not be to bad with a complimentary mount but the white frame along with the white mount do nothing for that image.

Of course this is just my opinion.

I do agree with that. The frame and mount can make or break an image. I usually buy the frame from ikea and then make my own double mounts using ice white and black with white core.

CWH2_Square_Sawtooth_Hangers_6926.jpg.ashx

You can try trade picture frames maybe? You can find them online, you need to buy in bulk though.

You can try trade picture frames maybe? You can find them online, you need to buy in bulk though.

Second this. They have been my supplier for a few years now, min spend is £50... I generally buy the Polecore frames... 16x12 Black frames are around £5-6 each.

Back