Where do you hire from?

Lens for hire!

Lens pimp

As above - lenses for hire will give ypu a great service!

Lenses For Hire every single day of the week.

I have used them for years, without them I wouldn't have been able to do some of the photography I have had.

The service is nothing short of exemplary, the team there are first class as is the service. In all the years I have used them not once have they ever let me down, every single order has always been delivered on time.

Sometimes I would book a lens a short notice, I did this becasue I had every faith ion them delivering it on time as promised, knowing they would never let me down was worth its weight in gold. They are 100% reliable.

By using them I have been able to save up to buy the lenses I would hire, I couldn't have done it without their service.

have used hirea camera.com which was totally fine and would happily do so again, but have rented more from lensesforhire and had no problems, either the item or the price was just better in whatever circumtances at the time.

i did use a company called lensfettish once and then i had a rental booked and it all went tits up and i had problems getting money back - but did in the end - some sort of personal drama but it wasnt not handled well so would be hestitant about using anyone new going forward & would stick to the above.

Just used lens for hire for the first time. It won't be the last! They even included an envelope and address sticker for the return of the lens. Small things, big difference and all that. Courier they used was DPD which I've had nightmares with in the past but they were also exemplary with a text to say what time lens being delivered and picked up to the hour, and they did. 10/10 from me.

Thanks for the recommendations, folks.

@JohnBradbury - if you have any practical questions about how it works, the best thing to do is probably to call or email us. I'm not on TP every day, but I do have several people answering phones and replying to emails.

Used LensFetish to rent a lens a few years ago, and it wasn't the best experience so I wouldn't recommend them.
Placed a request for a lens and filter, paid the fee, but only the lens was delivered.
I did get a refund for the filter cost but disappointing they don't check their orders properly when processing them.

Used LensFetish to rent a lens a few years ago, and it wasn't the best experience so I wouldn't recommend them.
I think you'll find that Lens Fettish [sic] are no more. Their directors had a very messy and public falling out on Twitter, in January 2015.

I think you'll find that Lens Fettish [sic] are no more. Their directors had a very messy and public falling out on Twitter, in January 2015.

@StewartR , you don't happen to know if a new rental company called Lensboi are connected do you? I saw they launched last month, but something about them just reminded me of LensFettish. Thought there might be 'lens rental grapevine' you may have heard on!

@StewartR , you don't happen to know if a new rental company called Lensboi are connected do you? I saw they launched last month, but something about them just reminded me of LensFettish. Thought there might be 'lens rental grapevine' you may have heard on!
Just use Stewart, then you'll have no problems:)

Just use Stewart, then you'll have no problems:)

as i said a couple of posts up, after the experience with lensfettish i'd be unlikely to risk using any one rookie again, and would stick with those i'd had good experience with, just wondered if Stewart knew.

No I didn't. Thanks.

I wonder if they're the hire company who let a customer down at the last minute a few days ago. I do so love these phone calls at 5.15pm when somebody desperately needs some kit the following day, and they had it booked with a different hire company, only to be told at the very last minute that their order had been declined. These sorts of things just add a little excitement to the day.

Crikey though, how do people pick names for hire companies?
Lens Pimp
Lens Fettish
LensBoi

Hmmm, how can I make my company sound like it's professional and reliable? I know.... ?????

No I didn't. Thanks.

I wonder if they're the hire company who let a customer down at the last minute a few days ago. I do so love these phone calls at 5.15pm when somebody desperately needs some kit the following day, and they had it booked with a different hire company, only to be told at the very last minute that their order had been declined. These sorts of things just add a little excitement to the day.

Lens Pimp
Lens Fettish
LensBoi

Hmmm, how can I make my company sound like it's professional and reliable? I know.... ?????
Marketing to hipster photographers and "influencers".
Have a few friends who are paid Internet influencers and one of them asked if anyone had a DSLR he could borrow for an event only to take all his photos there in his phone because he didn't know how to use the camera.

No I didn't. Thanks.

Lens Pimp
Lens Fettish
LensBoi

i did raise an eyebrow at the use of boi to be honest, given its slang connotations.....

i did raise an eyebrow at the use of boi to be honest, given its slang connotations.....
I didn't. I assumed it was just a mis-spelling, like Lens Fettish [sic]. Have I led a sheltered life?

EDIT: I've just looked up Boi. Crikey. (And apparently yes, I have led a sheltered life.)

@StewartR @mickledore I guess we've just made different life choices!! (nature/nuture ;-) ) although I'm always told the pink pound is strong, i've just never had enough of them myself to test that theory!

Back