Where do you share your photos?

It's important to remember that we are not automatically entitled to anyone's attention, so if the work you are posting isn't getting attention then it's not necessarily anyone else's fault than your own. Yes, these algorithms on social media play part in how they distribute content to people who follow you but ultimately social media has 2 primary uses - either for keeping in touch with friends and family, or for marketing.

When we're posting our work online, we are marketing, but you have to find ways of attracting followers or 'fans' of your work. It's just the same as the old days before the internet - you can print your photos and hang them on a wall, but if you're not bringing people into that room then no one will ever see them.

Facebook and Instagram have worked well for me in 2023. Twitter not so much, and I'm giving Flickr a try this year.

Instagram, but I'm a hobbyist who doesn't really look for feedback or new models/faces. I just share the pictures I like and if someone else likes them, then it's cool :D I also do smartshow 3d slideshows of my photos and post them on Facebook occasionally, but then again it's only to share something I like, no business purposes included.

@Wowbagger Sorry, no we don't offer hosting space on TP. There are plenty of places that do that who can afford to maintain their IT services (we run TP in our spare time): many use Flickr, adobe, amazon, google, iCloud for various different cloud hosting options.
That's fine. I have a flickr account which I haven't used for a few years but have recently paid for, so I ought to start sticking stuff on there again, and all my photos automatically get uploaded to Google Photos. I thought it would be a bit unusual for a forum. And I have a server of my own, which at the moment is merely publishing the results of my weather station. At some point I would like to put some photos on there. https://www.tickfield.co.uk .

That's interesting re the weather station, that's something I want to set up after we move in a few months time. Thanks for sharing

I use YouPic. Trouble is they keep pestering you to subscribe to the professional version, which is a money pit, apparently.

Back