Where in the world are you??

Marianne and I are at Haddenham not Ely as on the map, close enough! ;)

I'm on there now...apparantly somewhere in the middle of the firing range:shock:

Moving at the end of the month. Anyone figured out how to modify their location? :)

dlh said:
Moving at the end of the month. Anyone figured out how to modify their location? :)

I can delete you from the map - then you can add yourself again but moved. Post to this thread again I should see it :)

Also - Note to Admin here.... they have changed the map site quite a bit. Looks like you can now use some code to display the map within your own pages. No idea if that is of any interest but I thought I'd point it out :)

Well, I appeared to have added myself onto there at some point - can remember when I did it! Quite a few people near me in sunny (!) West Yorkshire it seems.

Matt

jewel said:
So now I know where you all live. Who can I visit first?? :p LOL

There's always haggis, neeps and tatties, cluty dumpling and a wee dram on the table here, if you're ever passing.

cool! :)

Bachs said:
There's always haggis, neeps and tatties, cluty dumpling and a wee dram on the table here, if you're ever passing.

LOL I have no clue as to what you just said there Bachs but thank you, it all sounds great! I'll keep that in mind if I'm passing through. ;)

..off to find what haggis, neeps and tatties are! :confused:

He said he will provide lunch consisting of Haggis (meat and vegetables cooked inside a sheep's stomach), Turnip and Potatoes (its a Scottish thing - honest!). Don't know what 'cluty dumpling' is, but apparently he is also providing Scotch Whiskey. :)

Added myself to the map, only my town was not on the list (Trujillo) about 45k east of where i posted and a slightly more detailed satelite pic of my town than the local city that is if you can be bothered to track across the map.

The map site has changed more than a bit since I set it up.... it was described as beta so thats not surprising.
What was a simple place to mark a map now has tabs you can click for forum discussions.... share pictures etc. The posts so far are mostly what was the comments section previously.

Not sure I like the way it is going - was better when it was simpler. Suppose its Ok if you don't navigate away from the front page.

Forgot to move myself when I moved... can someone delete me so I can relocate my point (Thanks RobertP ;)).

GfK said:
He said he will provide lunch consisting of Haggis (meat and vegetables cooked inside a sheep's stomach), Turnip and Potatoes (its a Scottish thing - honest!). Don't know what 'cluty dumpling' is, but apparently he is also providing Scotch Whiskey. :)

Sorry!
Neeps are Turnips, Tatties are Potatoes. Haggis Neeps and Tatties are traditional fayre on Burns night.
A wee dram is well...a wee dram (of whiskey) and a cluty dumpling is a sweet spicy traditional pudding, usually with a sixpence in it!

I didn't have a clue myself when I moved up here being a Sasenach and all.

You'll have to google Sasenach yourself as the profanity filter may stop me posting the meaning, but it loosely refers to English in a derogatory manner :p

In the beginning, the lord god almighty, sitting on his throne on high, turned to his mate, the Archangel Gabriel, and said "Gabby, today I'm going to create Scotland.

I will make it a country of dark beautiful mountains, purple glens and rich green forests. I will give it clear, swift flowing rivers and I will fill them with salmon. The land shall be lush and fertile, on which the people shall grow barley to brew into an amber nectar that will be much sought after the world over. Underneath the land I shall lay rich seams of coal.

In the waters around the shores there will be an abundance of fish and beneath the sea bed there will be cast deposits of oil and gas."

"Excuse me Sire", interrupted the Archangel Gabriel, "Don't you think you are being a bit too generous to these Scots"?

"Jeez no", replied the Lord, "wait till you see the neighbours I'm giving them"!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

Bachs said:
A wee dram is well...a wee dram (of whiskey)
I didn't have a clue myself when I moved up here being a Sasenach and all.
Still dont it seems. I prefer whisky myself :D

Bachs said:
A wee dram is well...a wee dram (of whiskey)

I don't think the Scots would be drinking the Irish variety.
Their more likely to have a sip of Scotch whisky.;)

Added

Ah, mistery solved...I'm on there, but only after you hit "Show rest of markers".

Oo-er, the only Southern Hempispherian (?) too!

Did you know that you use an old teatowel or cloth to cook a Cloutie Dumpling. This is how my auntie Mina in Tillicoultry makes it, she's also won a few awards for it.

The map site has evolved some more and allows some customising - so I've had a play.
Someone I'd never heard of had flooded the photos section of the map pages - so I have removed him and his pictures :)

There is also a box for custom html... so straining my coding to its limit I've put a clickable link back to here. If anyone admin would prefer different wording just say...

Link again to save going back looking for it.

Glen said:
Did you know that you use an old teatowel or cloth to cook a Cloutie Dumpling. This is how my auntie Mina in Tillicoultry makes it, she's also won a few awards for it.

My mother always uses a nice fresh linen pillow case , think it adds to the flavour :)

The maps getting quite busy now. We have a nice spead now accross most of the UK with a few of us scatterd a little further away ;)

Back