Where is this?

As regards the pub in the last one - I may have. To conduct some research of pubs in the area :)

Now that's got to be the best excuse i've ever heard for stopping off for a pint somewhere...LOL

No 6 is a house at the top of Pool Bank near Leeds Bradford airport

YES! I got all excited and thought I knew this, but when I scrolled down, I found I'd been beaten by some days.

For the record, I've only lived in this area for about 10 years, but this place is instantly recognisable from that picture.

from the cars outside, it would appear that the resident isn't short of a bob or two :LOL:

Haha, well the images were from 2008 so maybe they have been replaced with something more affordable in the current climate, 2002 Nissan Micra perhaps? :p

Here's the last batch of pics:

Again taken in order that they were shot on the film dated Dec 1966

neg1.jpg

Shot at 2012-01-14

neg4.jpg

Shot at 2012-01-14

neg6.jpg

Shot at 2012-01-14

neg9.jpg

Shot at 2012-01-14

neg11.jpg

Shot at 2012-01-14

neg12.jpg

Shot at 2012-01-14

No 1 is obviously a brach of Yorkshire Bank ..possibly in Sowerby Bridge??

No2 ...junction on the A658 by the looks of it.

Nos 6 & 9 ....I don't know but I guess a very knowledgabe young man will soon tell me!! lol

No 11 .....looks like a reservoir to me ....I wouldn't know which one though!

No12 Ramsgill...perhaps thats another place that hasn't changed too much over the years?

I realise No1 is very dark, please feel free to edit as you wish if it helps.

Not sure 1 is Sowerby Bridge, if it is then I have missed it on the fair few times I have been. It looked like Shipley, but doesn't seem to fit.

Not sure 1 is Sowerby Bridge, if it is then I have missed it on the fair few times I have been. It looked like Shipley, but doesn't seem to fit.

From what I believe the films originated from a house clearance in Sowerby Bridge hence why I thought perhaps the bank branch may have related there...It seems that the photographer got around yorkshire quite a bit!

Can you get any more detail from number 2? When I first saw it I thought I knew where it was (by Leeds Bradford Airport, again) and the road numbers matched too, but looking at it on Street View the landscape is wrong :(

Mmm you're pretty good at this ..........I'll go make a nice cuppa and relax with me jaffas whilst you come up with another one ! lol

Can you get any more detail from number 2? When I first saw it I thought I knew where it was (by Leeds Bradford Airport, again) and the road numbers matched too, but looking at it on Street View the landscape is wrong :(

I can rescan it if you like at a higher res...... would that help?

I can rescan it if you like at a higher res...... would that help?

Yeah it might do, just a street name or some detail on the signpost would nail it. Saying that someone else might know it straight off :)

EDIT - looking again I don't they are in focus so higher res might not help anyway :(

We'll give it a go ...I'm on with rescanning at this very moment!

We'll give it a go ...I'm on with rescanning at this very moment!

Cool I will keeping working on 3 (not a clue) and 4 (guessing the corner of a reservoir somewhere on route).

It beats working :D

14025755.jpg

Shot at 2012-01-14

The sign on the stone wall looks to say something "LANE".......possibly Barton Lane???? I've no idea if such a place exists

I'm on with a more intense scan ......How are you doin with the others ...possibly takin a "google drive" along the A658 are you????

That seems to say Otley and Harrogate left and Leeds and bradford right....which annoyingly still ties in the with the junction that doesnt work :p I wonder if they did some major landscaping when they did some airport work?! Shame I cant quite see what is straight on.

I'm on with a more intense scan ......How are you doin with the others ...possibly takin a "google drive" along the A658 are you????

hehe already gone over it from over head, it is a long old road :p

Wow what a guy......I take my hat off to you!

As you say it has changed a great deal......very very interesting and satisfying to pinpoint it though!

tp4i.jpg

Shot at 2012-01-14

The best scan I could get of the sign was this at 9600 dpi.

Last edited:
tp2p.jpg

Shot at 2012-01-14

near Leeds bradford airport, this could possibly be Bayton Lane, it's right near my house, which is near there
edit: damn jimmy got there first! small world! this thread is amazing

this thread is amazing

I'll second that! (y)

The only found film I've ever developed has had interior shots of traffic cones (35mm found in my canon AE-1) and some fairly anonymous shots of a quarry (or possible major roadworks) taken on a Soho 6x9 on Verichrome. I'm still more likely to buy a camera if it has film in it though.

Thank you for all your replies and help.
Pleased the shots have caused so much interest....In total I obtained seven films, all of which were taken by the same family ( or at least it appears that way by the shots).
All 6X6 format.
Out of a possible 84 images, 81 came up trumps with an image. Many are family gatherings, christmas etc which give no indication of their location.
The camera owner knew what he was doing when it came to photography...either that or he had good luck to get most of them exposed correctly!.
I have a boat load of negatives and glass plates knocking about with other images on that I obtained in the UK......I may start another thread and get some of them scanned and uploaded if there is likely to be similar interest.

Great shots, I love how half of them are taken from inside the car! Kind of lazy, but they've come out surprisingly well. The cemetery shot is great, and there's some interesting portraits there too.

Last edited:
Yeah, will agree that photo of the yorkshire bank is defo Bradford. It is the old yorkshire penny bank. Now a shut pub.
I would also agree about that cross roads near the airport !

Brill thread.

Back