Where memories begin

Name
Edit My Images
No
I'm going to start documenting my life, pretty nondescript though it is. Everywhere ive lived, places that have been important to me and hold good and bad memories for various reasons over the last 40something years. So where better to start than the place where my earliest memories are. Just brief seconds left within my head now and maybe gone forever in another 40 years time. So I just feel its time i put something down for posterity sake. No idea how long this will take as its going to involve a lot of travel around the country! But I might as well start now and keep it up as a new years resolution :) I might actually get half decent at documentary work by the time its finished.

But here we are at the start, Newlyn in Cornwall, all living in my grans house, overlooking the harbour which was always good at this time of year when the fleet was in and a lot of the boats were rigged up with lights

I did have the idea to shoot on film for the really early stuff and as the years move forward move towards cleaner, digital images which would maybe represent the dimness and rougness of the early memories gradually improving as i got closer to here and now.

What a great idea Ashley!

Too often we forget the little details in our lives, I bet you'll have some family members keen to have a book of the images ;)

What a great idea Ashley!

Too often we forget the little details in our lives, I bet you'll have some family members keen to have a book of the images ;)

thanks :) just got back from my hols and been thinking about it while i was away. I'm a bit more aware of just how big a project this would be now, its going to take a long long time but worth it in the end i think.

Definitely! You'll be surprised how important the images will become... I recently did a photobook of people and places for my 93 year old Aunt who has dementia/alzheimers and despite not really communicating much anymore, the book brought laughter, tears and the attempt to tell us stories from the past.
Worth it's weight in gold I'd say :)

Back