Where to buy backdrops?

Edit My Images
Yes
Good Afternoon all,

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a place to buy quality backdrops? Everywhere I've checked so far has had frequent complaints of 'creases' or being 'too small'. I'm new to studio photography, but don't want to waste my money on poor quality products. I'd rather spent more and have equipment that lasts.

A friend did recommend just using quality curtains however - would anyone second this? He said he'd bought velvet made-to-measure curtains, which he hangs as a backdrop replacement due to there being no creases and the right amount of thickness/heaviness.

Thank you for all and any help,
- deductress

I bought various pieces of material from a haberdashers in Swindon and that's worked for me. Just explain what you'd like to do and, if my experience is anything to go by, you'll get plenty of helpful advice about crease resistence and so on.

I'd be interested to hear these replies as I'm soon going to be rigging up a "home" studio in my large shed.

I know where to get the lights but not the back drops.

if you don't want creases, use paper.

Available from castle hill crafts, creativitybackdrops and Calumet, among others.

if you don't want creases, use paper.

Available from castle hill crafts, creativitybackdrops and Calumet, among others.
I've used plenty of paper backdrops and you still get creases as well as dirt and rips.

I think the key is to buy a quality backdrop of whatever material you go for. The better the backdrop the better the results.

Calumet delivered would be my first choice, but equally it is important to store paper rolls correctly - vertically. Dirt and rips are inevitable with paper, but just tear off the mucky bits. Vinyl is generally longer lasting especially if there are heels about.

Back