Where to buy? Is Jessops any good?

Name
Irina
Edit My Images
Yes
Any suggestions regarding the places to buy camera and lens?
I want to get Canon and was about to purchase from their online store, but then I walked in my local Jessops and they have cash back promotion that should save me about £190 on the lot which is not bad
However, I am not sure about their customer care in case something happens plus the guy was not very clear if I get the same 2 year warrantee if I buy from them

Thanks

P.s. It's 1 year from Jessops, so how important it is 1 or 2 years? I guess if something will be faulty it will be obvious straight away, so 1 year should be enough?

Last edited:
Any suggestions regarding the places to buy camera and lens?
I want to get Cannon and was about to purchase from their online store, but then I walked in my local Jessops and they have cash back promotion that should save me about £190 on the lot which is not bad
However, I am not sure about their customer care in case something happens plus the guy was not very clear if I get the same 2 year warrantee if I buy from them

Thanks

You should get the same from Jessops if you buy from the store

There is a cash back on line as well - I presume the cash back is from Canon directly, so if you buy from the shop or their online, you'll get the cash back from Canon...

You should get the same from Jessops if you buy from the store

There is a cash back on line as well - I presume the cash back is from Canon directly, so if you buy from the shop or their online, you'll get the cash back from Canon...

You are right, for some reason I thought that the cash back deal is for retailers only and won't work with their online store
In this case forget Jessops!

Thanks for reply

I bought my Fuji from Jessops via their online store and got cashback from Fuji, I don't think it matters where you buy it from as long as its not a grey import

Maybe worth checking some of the import shops as well. You could save a good bit of cash over high street prices.

the trade off is that you don't get a UK warranty, although places like panamoz offer their own. ( I've never used them personally but have heard lots of good things )

Even Amazon should have better prices than Jessops.

You are right, for some reason I thought that the cash back deal is for retailers only and won't work with their online store
In this case forget Jessops!

Thanks for reply

But after discount been applied at canon website it's still cheaper to get through Jessops and get cash back
Will contact Canon tomorrow to see if they can do anything about that

But after discount been applied at canon website it's still cheaper to get through Jessops and get cash back
Will contact Canon tomorrow to see if they can do anything about that

Sorry, what do you mean ?

On canon website discount applies at the checkout and final price i pay is £1,080 for 6D (i checked t&c of cash back promotion)
On Jessops the price is £1,119 and after cash back will be £969, thats £111 difference!

Jesse's are seeking for £1119 and you claim £150 cash back from Canon directly. http://www.jessops.com/online.store...mera-body-only-87322/show.html#descriptionTab

Canon in their own store, are selling for £1229.99 and then you get £150 cash back on this https://store.canon.co.uk/search/canon+eos+6d?WT.tsrc=NSO-Site

Only difference is Jessops are selling the camera cheaper than Canon store - same camera and you still get your £150 cash back from either

And Wilkinson Cameras are selling for £1099 before our £150 cash back http://www.wilkinson.co.uk/cameras/digital-slr-cameras/canon/canon-eos-6d-body.html

They also give you a 3 year warranty and £78 free accessories

Wilkinson Cameras are excellent and I have dealt with them on numerous occasions and would highly recommend...
That's a great deal! I did not know about them, so was not sure, but I can see they are in the list of participating retailers and it looks like best deal!
Thanks for your help

Have done lot of purchases from London Camera Exchange Stores,usually used some great prices.
George.

That's a great deal! I did not know about them, so was not sure, but I can see they are in the list of participating retailers and it looks like best deal!
Thanks for your help

They're very good and the 3 year warranty as well as accessories and Canon cash back (I have had cash back from Canon from a lens bought from them and no issues at all) - I'd certainly go for it and possibly quickly in case they change there deal....

Irina, I'm not sure if you are based anywhere near any of the Wilkinson's shops, but when I purchased my latest Nikon body, they offered a free sensor clean within the 1st 12 months.

I knew Wilkinsons had been going for a few years, but coincidently got an email today `30 years - the UK's leading independent photo retailer` (y)

Back