Where to get film developed

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I am very spoilt in that I usually am able to get my film developed at work, for free, by the photography department. Same day even... That was until their 30 year old dip and dunk development machine died and seems to be irrepairable. Now I have to get it done in the real world.

A few times I used Photo Hippo in Burnley with their postal service. £6.50 including jpeg scans and neg return is a very good price. I got a few rolls back that had no images. I don't know if that's my fault (fairly likely) or their fault (possible) but it has me thinking about looking elsewhere. Where else does anyone use in the UK that they can recommend. Price is a consideration for me as I am not a professional and I experiment sometimes, so don't want to pay more when the images I get back may be rubbish anyway.

Just looking for a reliable service, preferably with a scan jpeg scan. I can rescan the good ones to tiff and not waste my time scanning rubbish images.

Recommendations please. Thanks in advance

I don't do a lot, but I use and like supporting a local place - Jack's Lab Bristol.

£12 develop and tiff scans.

Obviously you'll have postage on top though too.

A lot of folk on here use Filmdev, good quality and good prices. You'd get your scans back by WeTransfer in a few days, and the negs a bit after that.

I used Exposure film lab with some good results, but then had a blank film back - it could have been my fault, but it didn't feel quite right. I then tried Ag Photolab, and was happy with them.

Finally I switched over to doing my own - and have been very happy with the results from that lab!

I used Exposure film lab with some good results, but then had a blank film back - it could have been my fault, but it didn't feel quite right. I then tried Ag Photolab, and was happy with them.

Finally I switched over to doing my own - and have been very happy with the results from that lab!

Is that Exposure Film Lab in Hereford? Must admit I use them and have always had good results.

Another vote for Filmdev. Fast turnaround great looking small jpegs included in the price which is perfect for a contact sheet and rescan at larger sizes - esp if you shoot MF.

I wouldn't go near AG again. I previously only used them for E6 (Filmdev don't do that) and one set came back looking awful and after a complaint and promises not to do it again, they did.

Another vote for Filmdev. Fast turnaround great looking small jpegs included in the price which is perfect for a contact sheet and rescan at larger sizes - esp if you shoot MF.

I wouldn't go near AG again. I previously only used them for E6 (Filmdev don't do that) and one set came back looking awful and after a complaint and promises not to do it again, they did.
I'm with Ian on AG I used to use them until I got a film back that looked like it had been dropped wet, emulsion down onto a dirty surface. I emailed them to complain but they didn't even reply.
I now use SPectrum Photolabs in Plymouth http://www.spectrumphotolabs.co.uk/ they don't advertise TIFFs but if you ask they will do them for the price of the high res jpg. They send the files either on a CD or by WeTransfer.

Thanks for the input everyone. I think I will give Filmdev a go. Prices are very compelling.

Back