Where to get film?

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
Morning all,

I'm doing a college course and the first few weeks we will be using film cameras and learning techniques and developing.

Now, my question is a simple one, the lecturer has said he can supply the film (Ilford FP4 or HP5) for £3 a roll or we can get our own. Is his offer ok and if not, bearing in mind the course is on tuesday, where can I get film from?

Thanks for any help

Andy

Hi Andy,

7dayshop do FP4/36 for £2.20 and its around 1.50 postage. I find it takes about a week from order to receiving.

If your not going to be using a lot of film then probably just as cheap taking it from college

Trev

Cheers guys, I'll take advantage of the lecturers offer then.

Andy

I only noticed the other day that 7dayshop ship out of Guernsey, which explains their low prices.

Are they connected with DLAB7?

7 day shop or if you get your arm twisted jessops? it will be 35mm, Medium format and 5x4 I take it?

Yep, an old Praktica that my Uncle gave me (if it works) if not borrowed from the college.

Andy

the same kit I used in A-levels!

we payed about £100 a term, but that gave us unlimited access to films, PCs with photoshop and as much darkroom stuff we wanted.

The teacher bought films in bulk from 7day shop, and he was such a frequent customer, I think he got a discount on that, as well as it being "bulk buys" aswell.

Is it an AS level course, yeah? In all honesty, you'll only need around 4-5 rolls of 35mm film.

Yeh, that kind of level. we did our first film shots last night, messing about with different lighting techniques in small groups with small shiny objects. Its really weird having to remember to wind on the film and not having that instant gratification of seeing how the image looks.
It has however made me think more about my settings before I take the shot rather than constantlly adjusting.

Andy

Back