Where to get your photo's printed?

Cris_L

Take That's Biggest Fan
Name
Cris
Edit My Images
Yes
I've seen so many different places to get your work printed, obviously it'l depend on what you want printed but just out of interest can anyone make any recommendations?

I've seen so many different places to get your work printed, obviously it'l depend on what you want printed but just out of interest can anyone make any recommendations?

I just sent an order to Sam's labs. Not only was the quality superb (comparable to Loxley - if not better) but it was great to be able to email and communicate with the owner (who is a tog!!). (y)

www.samsphotolab.com

Does where you get your photo's printed matter that much? Say if you went to Tesco/Boots would their photos be worse than say Photobox?

Does where you get your photo's printed matter that much? Say if you went to Tesco/Boots would their photos be worse than say Photobox?

Would I trust a supermarket to service my car? Nope! I wouldn't trust them to print my pictures either :LOL:

Can anyone recommend a good place for dev and print? Got some colour neg and chrome :) trying out some older cameras so they dont have to be exhibition quality

Photobox and Jessops have both returned good results for me in the past but I've just started using a new places that's opened here in Aberystwyth called 'Ocula Photo'. It's run by an ex-manager of the local Jessops branch and I have to say that the quality is outstanding.

I've just had a couple of 18x12in prints done and I'm really impressed with the way they've come out... Any Aber/Ceredigion/Carmarthenshire residents should take a look. :)

Si

Yes it does matter!!!

I have used Sams and Loxley and find them excellent - Sams are a little better quality imo. They look great. At the start of June I did a shoot for a group of mums for Fathers Day pics of the kids. I made a balls up on my order and forgot to order one. I knew the replacement would be late for Fathers day, so went to Tesco and got one done as a 'stop gap'. Bloody awful!!! If you put a Tesco print next to a Sams print, its like comparing a 1980's Amstrad PC and a 2010 Mac. Colours and tones were awful. Not only that, Sams is cheaper than Tesco for 10x8 (although there is postage).

I might be missing something really obvious, but how do you get your photos over to Sam's? Again, I've heard good things about them, but can't see any sort of "upload" utility. Surely files are too big to send by email, so do you have to post a CD?

Edit - don't worry, just found the interface under "ROES" (rather confusing!)

Back