where to go on holiday :)

Edit My Images
Yes
It looks like I'm going to have next week off work so I use up all my holiday this year :(.

Rather than sitting around the house I think it'd be a great idea to go somewhere a little less wet and miserable.
Now if I could combine that with somewhere that charges less for camera gear I may be able to finally get myself a dSLR or at least a P&S that lets me control shutter speed etc maybe even one that shoots in RAW :)

Any ideas where I should try for? Also are there any things I should be aware of buying cameras abroad international warranties etc?

If I'd got a week's holiday coming up, then cash permitting, I'd be off to the Med or Aegean. Cyprus again, probably.

As for cameras abroad - can't say I've ever given it much attention.

Hong Kong would probably be cheapest for camera gear, but I don't know if an international warranty would be honoured, can't imagine why not though - as at the end of the day ALL kit like that is imported!

Make sure you ditch the boxes and post the reciepts/manual & warranties to yourself to avoid getting stung for import duties once you return to the UK.

Canon do not honour guarantees for ELECTRONICS bought outside your country of origin. On lenses they do, but for electronics definately a big no.

Go to Croatia or Bosnia - the Dalmatian coast to be exact - Split, Dubrovnik etc - awesome scenery and cheap and you can swim in the sea in February - I know because I have (under duress).

Steve said:
Canon do not honour guarantees for ELECTRONICS bought outside your country of origin. On lenses they do, but for electronics definately a big no.

Well... I don't know the situation if you go on holiday and bring stuff back into the country, but I bought my 300D from Hong Kong on eBay and still managed to get it fixed under warranty.

However I'd still say the same thing as most people on this forum and advise you to buy in the UK from a reputable seller as it was a lot of hassle for me to get the 300D fixed. More than I'd like to go through again.

Back