Where to repair my 17-55 IS...?

Edit My Images
Yes
My 17-55 IS USM (approx 7 years old) recently stopped working...get error message "Err 01 Communication between the camera and lens is faulty. Clean the lens contacts" whenever I try to take a picture at anything other than f2.8. If I press the depth of field preview button, the lens just makes a sort of crunching noise. AF doesn't appear to work at all.

I've tried cleaning the contacts but it hasn't made any difference so it looks like I'm going to have to get it repaired :(

Can anyone recommend anywhere? I live in Manchester and would prefer if I could drop it off locally to avoid having to post it if at all possible, but there dont appear to be many options round here.

Canon have a note on their service site saying that due to Covid they are running reduced staff so lead times are likely to be long...but no indication of how long.

I've heard H Lemanns are pretty good but I've not used before?

I've also read quite a few good reviews of Fixation UK, but again I have no experience of them personally?

If anyone has any recommendations I'd be really grateful.

Thanks

Canon Elstree.

Go official, always have had great service from them. Yes, you will need to post but I think they are worth it. Besides, with Covid it's best not to visit places if you can.

Last edited:
Ok, thanks. I'll get it sent to Canon...

Back