Where to Sell 1Ds MkII

Name
John
Edit My Images
No
Hi
Newbie, so hello to everyone.
I''m thinking of selling two 1DsMkII's and replacing them with D5MkIIs.

Is there any market for them now (seeing as the MkIII is out), and how much should I be expecting for them? They are both in great condition (one has a paint nick on the prism casing) and are only 18 months old as they were both stolen on route to Seoul in 2007.

If any one has any ideas I'd really appreciate it

Cheers
John

I suppose a pic is out of the question :shrug:

correct :)

Gooseman, welcome to the forums but please note that selling is only allowed within the classifieds and access is restricted until you have 100 posts and been here a month :)

sorry. I was not soliciting, I was after impartial advice. I have a dealer interested but wanted to know the differentials!

Thanks for the post

John

They are both in great condition (one has a paint nick on the prism casing) and are only 18 months old as they were both stolen on route to Seoul in 2007.

Do you mean that they are replacements for cameras stolen in 2007? It reads as though these cameras were stolen whilst on route in order to come into your possession . . .

To answer your question: there is a market on this forum and an active trade section. The forum rules require you to be a member for some time and have posted a minimum number of times to be allowed to advertise though.

If you can wait I recommend using this forum. I have only had good experiences.(y)

EDIT: Bah, too slow for Dod :(

sorry. I was not soliciting, I was after impartial advice. I have a dealer interested but wanted to know the differentials!

Thanks for the post

John

no probs :)

Dealers won't give you the same price a private sale would. They have to factor in their business costs, a margin for profit, the risk of repairs, VAT on the sale price, etc so you'd be lucky to get 50-60% of what a private sale might get.

As far as value is concerned it's a bit difficult to say. Most I've seen one go for recently is about £2000, least is £1500 :shrug:

IF you've got the time and energy I would pursue a private sale via the normal routes such as Ebay, local ads, gumtree, various forums like TP (that aren't as good) such as AVForums/POTN etc., EOS Classifieds.

The extra effort involved would certainly result in a higher price, but may take longer to achieve.

It's Alive:

No, I hardly be selling two cameras I had stolen! I think they were probably sold for drugs in New York (from where they departed) hours before I arrived in Seoul to find a hilariously empty box.

It's Alive:

No, I hardly be selling two cameras I had stolen! I think they were probably sold for drugs in New York (from where they departed) hours before I arrived in Seoul to find a hilariously empty box.

Its still not really clear what you mean about the cameras, but i think you may have your answer anyway

Sorry.
Two 1DsMkIIs were stolen in transit between New York and Seoul (together with a 24mm f1.4, 35mmf1.4, 50mm f1.4, 85mm f1.8, 135mm f2 a couple of spare batteries and 16 CF Cards -thank you very much).

I had a couple of Leica's in hand luggage that kept me going and 1x 1Ds MkII and a couple of the lenses were replaced in Seoul from an official Canon dealership. The second one was replaced back here in the UK.

Back