Where to shoot in London tomorrow night

Edit My Images
Yes
Got a job at the Tower tomorrow night, should take an hr or so, never get to London so wheres good to take some long exposures of the city etc? Anything i shouldnt miss?

there is Tower Bridge itself, the wobbly bridge, and the London Eye and that's just for starters!

Cool ! Long exposures of the skyline? Anywhere along the river side really from Westminster to the city - I love the view from Tate Modern on the south side looking over to the north towards St Paul's ). I also love the view of Southbank / Waterloo area of a night from the Northside - all the lights look fab! maybe grab a bite to eat at the Southbank and wander around the Royal Festival Hall?

Else, if you like a bit of street stuff around theatre land (Covent garden and etc) is always buzzing of a night, if a tad busy and touristy.

Architecture? The Gherkin, Tower 42, and London bridge / Mayors office are cool, but expect to be moved on quite quickly if the tripod is used!!

Maybe just forget photography and just take an evening 'flight' on the London Eye - well well worth doing!

Have fun :)

Mark.

As you are at the Tower then Tower Bridge is a good place to start. You have the bridge itself, the Tower and HMS Belfast.

Don't know how much time you will have, but if you have a couple of hours + then go to the south side of London Bridge (a bit over 1/2 mile walk from the Tower) and then walk along the South Bank from there towards the London Eye (between Waterloo and Westminster bridges). There are lots of opportunities on the way for some good shots.

If your time is limited then head for Waterloo bridge. There are great views downstream towards the city and upstream towards the London Eye and the Houses of Parliament.

Good comment from Mark. An evening trip on the Eye is well worth it.

Dave

I love the view from Tate Modern on the south side looking over to the north towards St Paul's ).

Mark.

I was there last Friday, and you could get a great shot of this from one of the balconies in the Tate. You can get st.Pauls and the bridge in.:)

Its all good round Tower Bridge you cant go far wrong ...South side is a great spot for shots in the dark, City hall lit up with the others looks fab, its all a wealth of sculpted streets and buildings to the west. To the east, its tall curving ex industrial apartments, shops, people and cafes, interesting closed in vistas. North side has the City and the Tower itself to the west, behind the buildings to the east are a few marinas full of million dollar yachts and some night-life.

Last edited:
Hi, might be a bit late now but if you're mobile I found a cracking spot just outside City Airport (East London). There's a road bridge with a great view of Canary Wharf and the towers there and you can also see the Shard. It looks a great shot straight up the river and looks stunning at night.

Phil

I know that view. This one is from the bank across the water at the eastern end just before all the light go on.

runwayshot.jpg

That's the one. I drive past here a lot on my way home from work. Really must take my camera with me!
Really nice shot btw :)

Thanks, yes you really should, the areas a wealth of intriguing vistas, all really tricky to make use of compositionally I find. Either to close or too far, or just junk in-between messing a clean view.

Bit late for the OP now but heres another six to fill a post. ..yes any excuse will do me. :D

Docklands and City Airport areas.

greencurve.jpg

Londonoffroad3.jpg

folder14.jpg

ngbarrier.jpg

shirleystream2.jpg

Streaminghome.jpg

Last edited:
Back