Where to try out tripods in/near London?

Edit My Images
No
Hi, just wondered where there's a good shop in London (or near) with a wide range of tripods so that I can have a look without having to travel around too much. Especially interested in Feisol as I read you can get a tall one without it being too expensive?

Also any advice on a tallish tripod where I wouldn't have to use a centre column (I'm 5'9").

Really appreciate all the advice on this forum. Maybe I'll be able to answer a some questions eventually :)

Last edited:
I think Feisol sell direct so isn't anywhere you can try them out. Last time I was there, Calumet on Drummond Street near Euston Station had a good range of tripods on display.

I'd second Calumet next to Euston station. Great range of stuff. I spent a while in there not long ago killing time whilst waiting for a train to Manchester.

Nice staff too.

I went in there the other day and they had a wide selection of Calumet own brand tripods but only about half a dozen other tripods (the usual Manfrotto 055 and 190 and a couple of Giottos tripods). Certainly not what I was expecting, especially as they have a wide selection on their website.

Then again they didn't have the lens I wanted to look at either...

As for the tripod recommendation, depending on what you want to use it for and how much you have to spend you could do worse than the Manfrotto 190XPro or the 055XPro. The 190 should be about high enough for you but is signifncantly less bulky and lighter than the 055 if you want to carry it around a bit more.

Last edited:
Thanks. I wonder what the Calument ones are like - haven't been yet. Just had a quick look at the Manfrotto 190. Seems a bit shorter than what I'm looking for.
From what I've been reading its best to have one that is at least as tall as you and if poss without use of the centre column. Am finding that this is almost impossible to find online - probably because I'm not bothering to look at the specs of the £200+ ones.

I'd second Calumet next to Euston station. Great range of stuff. I spent a while in there not long ago killing time whilst waiting for a train to Manchester.

Nice staff too.

+1

they have a load in stock and more importantly they will be able to help you rather than just to sell to you...

Back