Where would you sit? Football Photography

Name
Steven
Edit My Images
No
Just wondering on this one really

I have always "followed" a team attacking so to speak when snapping for them, I have said I would cover a charity game at the weekend so will be the first game I do where I don;t have a specific team to follow, only to get as many snaps of everyone as possible

I usually sit between corner flag and 18 ward line behind the goal

Would you sit there for the whole game and hope for attacking both halfes taking a change on there being quiet at one end

would you sit on the half way line and cover the whole game?

or would you sit somewhere else?

I won't be moving around much once there (unless at half time) due to carrying loads of kit

When I used to cover football when working, I used to walk around and shoot from behind the goal. By walking around you are getting centre field action shots, and shooting from behind the goal you are getting attack and defence shots, the choice is yours. Re: The kit because on most occasions i had to cover two games on a Saturday afternoon, more often than not, I would only take a 70-200mm lens and camera so not weighed down by to much kit so to speak. Occasionally I would take a 300mm lens but as we only had two between eight of us it was difficult to get hold of.

I usually site myself either about 5m in from the touch flag behind the goal line or just off the sideline parallel with the penalty box, but that's using two cameras with a 70-200 and a 120-300mm.

Unless there are specific requirements (ie a goal from team A will equal promotion etc) I'll pick were to sit based on the sun and background and then adjust in the second half according to play.

The problem that I've found with the halfway line is that you'll get one hell of a lot of shots with backs towards you.

I will be using the same lens combo as you on Sat with two bodies

I will see how the game starts as to positioning, as its a charity game I am not sure how competetive it will be, nor wo good each team will end up being

Normally as mentioned on the sidelines about level with the penalty box, but then I am limited with focal length with my kit. As to which side of the pitch would depend on the position of the sun.

half way line... 300mm is perfect for this as you can fram both goals... done it loads.. works great :)

lets hope the sun is on the side I will be at and not the dugout side in that case :LOL:

Back