Where's mummy?

Photodiva

Foot elevated on the stool
Name
Carol
Edit My Images
Yes
This is a compilation shot. Taken with my Samsung EX1 on shutter priority on a longish exposure, about 1/10. Little girl was actually with her parents, but kept moving about. Eventually got a shot of her isolated. Messed about in PS, made a selective color, not sure it works but C&C welcome. Title seemed appropriate since its where the Egyptian Mummies are ...

wheresmummyselect.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Think it's really good nice work

I think it would have worked much better if she had been facing the camera - nice idea though.

I think this works quite well, i have to disagree with Andrew, i think that lost feeling would've been lost if she was looking at the camera, just my opinion.

Absolutely agree with John - for me the shot works because she is facing away. The viewer gets the recognisable feeling of isolation even though amongst lots of people.

Fab work - my only minor niggle is that the girl has some slight motion blur too.

Hi. Thanks for the comments. I know, its a shame she moved a bit during the exposure. Kids, what can you do ?? :) Trying to capture the long exposure/movement of people, its surprising just HOW many adults stand stock still and absolutely REFUSE to move! It was a candid, and I'm glad the idea meets with general approval. I don't generally go for backs of people in shots, but I felt it worked in this situation. Glad most of you agree!

Not usual a fan of selective colour but this is a great application. Have to agree that having her face away gives the right impression. Just a shame about the guy in the striped top (who appears to be only a torso) who exhibits less motion then the main subject!

Last edited:
Not usual a fan of selective colour but this is a great application. Have to agree that having her face away gives the right impression. Just a shame about the guy in the striped top (who appears to be only a torso) who exhibits less motion then the main subject!

Yeah, may be a case for CS5 and smart stuff, eh? There's always one!

I like it - just bring the colour back into her right hand though! :p :D

Yup good take on the concept.
Just needs colour in right hand.

love this Carol its a cracking idea and really well captured for a candid, get rid of the stripey guy and you've got a cracker.

Back