Where's the catch???

Stolen ,broken , addiction , electric bill ? Who knows

I wouldn't mind, but I live really close by to the seller. I'm thinking about it. I'm just not sure what I should be looking for if it's a fake.

If that close go for a look . If the seller can demo it then it’s probably genuine it’s sometimes a case of suck it and see

I wouldn't mind, but I live really close by to the seller. I'm thinking about it. I'm just not sure what I should be looking for if it's a fake.

If you are close, go see it in person, check everything works, and pay cash.

Do not give a deposit. He might just take your deposit money and then block you.

But it might be stolen, in which case if the owner comes forward, you will have to give it back and it was never yours to buy in the first place and you will bt out of pocket.

If I lived close enough I'd go take a look and check it out for myself. Otherwise, the only thing I would want to research before parting with any money is whether you can get Sony USA equipment repaired here in the UK or Europe.

It's unlikely to be stolen if the seller has the USA warranty.

If I lived close enough I'd go take a look and check it out for myself. Otherwise, the only thing I would want to research before parting with any money is whether you can get Sony USA equipment repaired here in the UK or Europe.

It's unlikely to be stolen if the seller has the USA warranty.

You can, you just got to pay for it.

Warrant repair is for warranty repair, which means Grey Market don't count. Out of warranty everything is level playing field.

You can, you just got to pay for it.

Warrant repair is for warranty repair, which means Grey Market don't count. Out of warranty everything is level playing field.
Hopefully you are right, but I have a vague recollection of reading somewhere that some manufacturers (don't remember which ones) won't repair camera equipment that was originally sold in another territory. Maybe that has changed, I don't know, which is why I said I would want to research it.

Hopefully you are right, but I have a vague recollection of reading somewhere that some manufacturers (don't remember which ones) won't repair camera equipment that was originally sold in another territory. Maybe that has changed, I don't know, which is why I said I would want to research it.
Just another fantasy Steve , if you’re paying it makes no difference where the camera / lens was sourced . It’s just warranty work that’s free and subject to it

Just another fantasy Steve , if you’re paying it makes no difference where the camera / lens was sourced . It’s just warranty work that’s free and subject to it
IIRC reading that Grey Market in the USA means it does not have a USA Warranty.

Plus would the likes of HDEW and Panamoz need to provide their own Warranties if kit was covered here in the UK.

:thinking:

IIRC reading that Grey Market in the USA means it does not have a USA Warranty.

Plus would the likes of HDEW and Panamoz need to provide their own Warranties if kit was covered here in the UK.

:thinking:
Let’s be precise here , if purchased new in the u.k from a olympus/ canon/Nikon/ Sony registered dealer then it will have a full 12/24/36 month warranty with olympus or whoever whichever is being offered at point of sale .

If however you go down the route of buying “grey” from the likes of h.dew or panamoz or other sellers inc some Amazon and e.bay sellers then they are responsible for covering there own warranties for whatever time is specified by them

If you buy a used camera/ lens then unless the seller offers a warranty no matter where it’s sourced from u.k or grey it can be repaired at the appropriate camera repair centre as long as you pay for it . Exactly the same as warranty expired kit

Last edited:
Back