WHF 7th What you looking at?

Name
Nicki.
Edit My Images
Yes
O.K. if you must

WHFDay307.jpg

that could be a good start for a dramatic piece of pp

If you want to have a play with it then do but I am not into PP very much kinda like what comes out of the camera. :shrug:

Tells a true story to me.

If you want to have a play with it then do but I am not into PP very much kinda like what comes out of the camera. :shrug:

Tells a true story to me.

pp is for effect...like makeup...the true story is strictly and correctly for flora and fauna...but sometimes the camera, light, operator can use a hand..?

thanks for the invite...i need all the practice i can but for these reasons...i'm out!
ps...cropping and cloning...which can enhance the images relative photographic presentation and remove unwanted detail not possible at the taking of the shot...both not infringing on the images discrete message...

so i wont do anything to yours since you say its just as you want it

is there a valid reason why you wont do pp...i am curious since its the working horse to the digital cart of images

Last edited:
Not a big fan of the framing I'm afraid - I don't think cutting the ears and chin off works.

I know some peoples preference is for no PP but I do think that as long as you are enhancing an already good shot then it has it's place. More elaborate PP becomes art which is also valid but moving away from photograhy... and then of course there is the well known saying that you can't polish a tu... well you get the idea. PP can be over/miss-used but I think it is an important tool and it's a shame to rule it out altogether.

This shot would have worked more in portrait orientation, capturing the chin.

Don't write off PP altogether. Remember that even in the days of film you could manipulate images during development so what was seen on the picture may not have been a true representation.

Not a big fan of the framing I'm afraid - I don't think cutting the ears and chin off works.

I know some peoples preference is for no PP but I do think that as long as you are enhancing an already good shot then it has it's place. More elaborate PP becomes art which is also valid but moving away from photograhy... and then of course there is the well known saying that you can't polish a tu... well you get the idea. PP can be over/miss-used but I think it is an important tool and it's a shame to rule it out altogether.

Not framed at all piccy was just as it was taken so that makes it a bad shot really by cutting off the ears and chin but kinda liked the eyes, perhaps a bit of cropping would have helped.

Not framed at all piccy was just as it was taken so that makes it a bad shot really by cutting off the ears and chin but kinda liked the eyes, perhaps a bit of cropping would have helped.

Thats what I meant by framing - I didn't want to say "the crop" as I assumed you hadn't cropped it.

pp is for effect...like makeup...the true story is strictly and correctly for flora and fauna...but sometimes the camera, light, operator can use a hand..?

thanks for the invite...i need all the practice i can but for these reasons...i'm out!
ps...cropping and cloning...which can enhance the images relative photographic presentation and remove unwanted detail not possible at the taking of the shot...both not infringing on the images discrete message...

so i wont do anything to yours since you say its just as you want it

is there a valid reason why you wont do pp...i am curious since its the working horse to the digital cart of images

No reason, I do not like to manipulate an image too much, like to see it how it was/is, I am beginning to sharpen etc but rather leave a photo alone that mess it up with some bad PP like over doing things.:shrug:

Thats what I meant by framing - I didn't want to say "the crop" as I assumed you hadn't cropped it.

Perhaps I should have cropped it close around the eyes, just mad I did not get the whole head :bang:

No reason, I do not like to manipulate an image too much, like to see it how it was/is, I am beginning to sharpen etc but rather leave a photo alone that mess it up with some bad PP like over doing things.:shrug:

your call...why not try some good PP...its 'part of the art'..we all can detect bad pp...but good pp...is invisible and looks natural

as for as it was/is...do you rely on your camera...your eyes..your memory...or iconic representation...not all animals are in fit condition coatwise and can be helped a bit into fitness...

highights in the eyes is a simple modification to assert focus and attention..when lighting didnt permit it...

i dont think you can be moved..

the trouble with PP if you dont like to use it, is that you can start with a pretty picture, and end up with Jordan in full slap...and we all know how bad that can look

Its a nice enough image Nicki but to be perfectly honest
it does look a little flat and the eyes a little dead.
A different crop may or may not make a difference
I did play with that but couldn't really get what I was after so...........
I did have a quick tweak and if you don't like it say so and its nuked

Yourn
O.K. if you must

WHFDay307.jpg

Mine, 2 mins in CS3

Nicki.jpg

(y) Thank you , I like that one,

All I am saying is that I am NOT proficient or brave enough to do a lot of PP and this is the next thing I have got to learn.

Looking for a night class in the winter so I can go and get some lessons, which will give me the confidence I need to PP images.

the trouble with PP if you dont like to use it, is that you can start with a pretty picture, and end up with Jordan in full slap...and we all know how bad that can look

Exactly and that is why I am trying my best to get images straight out of the camera, after all all my kite ones have NO pp at all, and I don't think I am doing that bad, but will have to learn how to "put the make up on" !!!!!! :LOL:

Exactly and that is why I am trying my best to get images straight out of the camera, after all all my kite ones have NO pp at all, and I don't think I am doing that bad, but will have to learn how to "put the make up on" !!!!!! :LOL:

i guess we are all agreed..pp only when it results in a +
and the old adage
if it aint broke dont fix it
your kite ones are ace....and out of camera stuff is the top technique and equipment objectives which you have done..

:love:

Back