• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Edit My Images
No
3 choices

1) unused UK model, warranty till dec. £735 inc del
2) Panamoz £776 (bacs) inc del
3) hdew £825 inc del

Brand new from Panama with 3yr warranty, no brainer really, although I've dealt with HDEW a lot and love them.

I emailed hdew and got a fast reply, I then asked some pertinent question yesterday and am still awaiting reply. This does not bode well :(

At those prices, i would say the UK spec.

I am a bit biased though, my 'grey' import 7Dmk2 is on it's way back to Hong Kong for repair/replacement as Canon European Warranty does not cover 'grey' import.

How come the UK price is so cheap ? Must be some kind of demo unit or open box deal to come with a reduced warranty.

Definitely Panamoz. I bought my 6d from their and wouldn't hesitate buying from them again

Yes, I know, probable a tad impatient :)

Edit: aslo noticed this on their web site: Due to technical issues our temporary e-mail address is:
hdewcamerasales@gmail.com

Got a reply back from them :) :

We import our stock from outside the UK all of the products we sell are UK specification i.e. correct manual, plug, camera languages etc.
The camera body comes with a three year warranty, which covers you for mechanical faults, breakdown, parts and labour and this will be repaired in the UK through a Canon repair centre. The first year of the warranty is a Canon International warranty and the next two years will be with us as your retailer.
The lenses come with a one year Canon International warranty which covers you for the same faults.
Therefore it is not classed as a 'Grey Import' as it comes with a warranty valid in the UK and is sold to UK specification.

This is one of the reason I think I would prefer buying from HDEW, the UK warranty and Canon UK repaire ctr. A bit more expensive but, to me, worth it for less hasstle

Last edited:
Yes, I know, probable a tad impatient :)

Got a reply back from them :) :

We import our stock from outside the UK all of the products we sell are UK specification i.e. correct manual, plug, camera languages etc.
The camera body comes with a three year warranty, which covers you for mechanical faults, breakdown, parts and labour and this will be repaired in the UK through a Canon repair centre. The first year of the warranty is a Canon International warranty and the next two years will be with us as your retailer.
The lenses come with a one year Canon International warranty which covers you for the same faults.
Therefore it is not classed as a 'Grey Import' as it comes with a warranty valid in the UK and is sold to UK specification.

This is one of the reason I think I would prefer buying from HDEW, the UK warranty and Canon UK repaire ctr. A bit more expensive but, to me, worth it for less hasstle
That's not strictly true, I've bought my Canon 5D2 from them and my Canon 7D as well as a couple of lenses. Service has been great, if a little slow sometimes, you have to ring to "prompt" them to deliver your goods. My 5D2 came with UK plug and manual whereas the 7D came with a far east plug on the charger and UK adaptor, the manual was photocopied. I rang to complain and in fairness they sent me out a proper manual.

Chose hdrew cos I got mine from there. Was more exspensive back then those prices are fab.

Gaz

I'd go with panamoz. Their service is second to none !

Just FYI I ordered my 6D from HDEW on Wednesday afternoon, it was dispatched (from within the UK) by next day delivery today...unfortunately that now means next Tuesday, though!

Just FYI I ordered my 6D from HDEW on Wednesday afternoon, it was dispatched (from within the UK) by next day delivery today...unfortunately that now means next Tuesday, though!
Let me know when you get it please. Will give me an idea when I will get mine :)

Let me know when you get it please. Will give me an idea when I will get mine :)

It arrived at the delivery depot (FedEx) a few miles down the road at 6am this morning, it's going out for delivery on Tuesday. So assuming all is well with the courier it will be 3 working days from order to delivery.

Just out of interest I have noticedan ad on this from from SLRHut offereing the 6D for under £700 :rolleyes:

Back