Which A3 printer?

Name
David Williams
Edit My Images
No
My trusty Epson 1290 has decided it's not going to load the paper properly anymore.

I've had the top off and can't see anything obviously wrong or that looks like it needs fixing, guess it's just worn out.

So I need a replacement that goes to A3 but will mostly be used for small (100*150mm) prints, a few A4's and even less A3's. Photo print quality is the major consideration, then ink cost, speed, size footprint.

Also it will often have to sit for a week or so at a time unused.

I have been happy with the prints form the 1290 (when it's been working OK) but do get a bit fed up with ruined prints due to blocked nozzles. Perhaps this is due to the infrequent use, but still annoying.

So the choice is Canon or Epson, unless anyone else has any other reccomendations?

Thanks in advance

David

My trusty Epson 1290 has decided it's not going to load the paper properly anymore.

I've had the top off and can't see anything obviously wrong or that looks like it needs fixing, guess it's just worn out.

The rubber often gets shiny on the paper rollers, you can get a can of spray specially for sorting it out and its a lot cheaper than getting a new printer. The spray is called PLATENCLENE.

LINKY

Certainly worth giving it a try. I have fixed numerous printers with it over the years.

The rubber often gets shiny on the paper rollers, you can get a can of spray specially for sorting it out and its a lot cheaper than getting a new printer. The spray is called PLATENCLENE.

LINKY

Certainly worth giving it a try. I have fixed numerous printers with it over the years.

Thats a good tip for the future, I had a similar problem a few years back with a HP printer refusing to pick up the paper, used some fine wet & dry on the rubbers and hey presto, worked fine again (y)

Thats a good tip for the future, I had a similar problem a few years back with a HP printer refusing to pick up the paper, used some fine wet & dry on the rubbers and hey presto, worked fine again (y)

The problem with using wet and dry is that it is only really a temporary fix and if you take it apart to do the job properly then you are just delaying having to do the job again.

I see references to HP 9810. I've got the HP 9180! A typo error?

HP 9180 printer is great but you'll need a strong table/desk to rest it on as it's a heavy printer!

I'm still running an Epson R2400 which I think does great photos:)

Another vote for the HP 9180.

I bought mine about 6 weeks ago and I've been printing at A3 and A3+ and really happy with it. :)

Thanks for all the replies

To the people using the Pixman Pro 9000 how does it print normal text?

I read one review which seemed to be saying it didn't do this too well?

This will not be it's primary use but it will have to print letters etc.

Any thoughts??

David

Sorry, don't know. I use a HP multi-function mono laser to print letters and such. It's much cheaper per page than a photo printer (plus its networked unlike the pro 9000)

Thanks for all the replies

To the people using the Pixman Pro 9000 how does it print normal text?

I read one review which seemed to be saying it didn't do this too well?

This will not be it's primary use but it will have to print letters etc.

Any thoughts??

David

Sorry, don't know. I use a HP multi-function mono laser to print letters and such. It's much cheaper per page than a photo printer (plus its networked unlike the pro 9000)

I am the same, i use a hp psc 2575 network printer for normal printing duties. Sorry.

Another fan of the HP 9180. I've had one for 2 years and always clog free, fantastic prints. I recently got a 24" wide format and bought the HP z3200 after the good experience I've had with the 9180.

Back