which advanced digital to buy

Name
jason
Edit My Images
No
After weeks deciding what advanced digital to buy, i still cant make up my mind. I havve a budget of around £450, i'm swaying towards the sony rx100 but i also like the nikon p7700,theres pros and cons to both.Is the sony as good as everyone says? Is there any other ADC out there worth considering?

Or Fuji X10 for half the price. Panasonic LX7 also worth looking at.

mid_gen said:
You will not be disappointed with an RX100, great camera.

2nd that, amazed at the results I've got from it. There's a number of similar threads on the same subject here too.

RX100 IS as good as everyone says it is. However it's very small and I would need a 3rd party grip to keep hold of it. Images are however pretty amazing.

Fuji X10 is very very good with nice clean sharp images that have the 'Fuji look'. Nice camera to use and looks like a proper old school camera.

Fuji X20, All that the X10 is and more! X trans sensor should produce even better images than the X10 and you have basic info in the brilliant view finder. Should be a winner!

Lumix LX7. I have this camera and it's great!! Macro is superb (Much better than the Sony) and gives nice sharp images plus it has a max aperture of f/1.4. Only 10Mp though unlike the Sony which is 20Mp!!

Have a look at the Pentax MX-1, that looks quite impressive. Played with one at work last week and images look very good. It is similar to the Olympus XZ-2 and it has a movable rear screen.

Last edited:
I was disappointed that with the P7700, Nikon removed the optical viewfinder. Of course, that might not matter to you.

Steve.

Not grip as in the massive extra battery, DSLR type grip. A small stick on rubber grip that sticks in the body.

sorry, as ernesto said, just a small grip what sticks on the side, i've been looking at one by frania in the usa for the rx100. Is there any others what i can get from the uk.
On the rx100 is it possible to take shots with a blured background, as some reviews say you can and others say you cant.

Yes, the RX100 can blur the background, depending on your settings.

It is certainly more capable of doing this than any other compact on the market (noting this does not include M4/3 and bridge cameras, which are all substantially larger).

Another vote for the RX100, very compact, awesome pictures and has a good amount of control as well as being easy enough that you can pass it to anyone and be confident they can take a half decent photo.

I ordered this grip and it helps the handling although I didn't find it bad to begin with.

http://www.kleptography.com/rf/#camera_rx100

Back