Which Ball Head Please?

Edit My Images
No
Planning to buy a Ball head in the range of 40 to 70 quids to fit on my Manfrotto 055MF4 tripod and after going through the range, started scratching my head:thinking:

Looking for something simple yet practical.

Any suggestions?

I would say the Manfrotto 486RC2 is you're kiddy :) around £50 and a superb head

lol beaten to it by seconds ;)

Another fan of the 488RC2 here.
Like it due to the independent pan feature.
Plus the QR plate is massive.

I've got the 488RC2 and it's great.

Many thanks everyone.

What's the main difference between 486RC2 and 488RC2?

It's basically the size of the ball on the head. The 486RC2 is smaller than the 488. There are a few other differences too. Check thses links:

http://www.manfrotto.com/Jahia/site/manfrotto/cache/bypass/pid/2304?livid=80|81&lsf=81&child=2

http://www.manfrotto.com/Jahia/site/manfrotto/cache/bypass/pid/2306?livid=80|81&lsf=81&child=2

Chunkyness ;) The 488 is a slightly bigger and heavier head than the 486. Bear in mind that the "RC2" refers to the plate on the head and there are different options for this, although the RC2 is ideal for pretty much most SLR's

Linky - 486RC2
Linky - 488RC2

Thank U all for your kind advice and words of wisdom.

Just ordered a 486RC2 with QR for 46 quids including postage from T4 cameras.

UK customer service standards are dipping like the government opinion polls. :bonk::bonk: :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::

Got the head this morning and opened the packaging quite excitedly and noticed that the head's black lacquer was chipped at the bottom where the head fits on the tripod. Also the head looked like it's been used before as the circular plate had all kind of scratches. Called the dealer T4 and have sent it for replacement. Bl***y idiots.

What a mess :bang::bang::bang: :bang::bang::bang:

Bummer. Still, if you got the original that fast, hopefully you'll get the replacement Monday.

I have returned the faulty one today so they will get it on Monday and depending on when they send (hopefully a fresh & new one) the replacement I am easily looking at Tuesday or maybe Wednesday too.

Back