Which camcorder??

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, looking for some advice!

I need a camcorder for filming a person doing yoga indoors in front of an infinite white background at fairly close range. The video needs to look professional and be easily editable on a computer afterwards. My budget is up to £700. The top 3 that I've found are the Sony PJ810, Panasonic X920 and Canon G25.

I would appreciate any comments/advice.

Thanks
Simon

I can only comment on what I have, and have been using for a few years now, and that is the Sony HDR XR500 AVCHD camcorder, with a 120Gb HDD. Importantly to me, it has a viewfinder in addition to the 'flip-out' LCD screen (Touch Screen), which makes using it in bright outdoor lighting, so much easier. I wouldn't buy a camcorder without one. The HDR XR500 AVCHD was circa £1000 when I bought it, but prices have come down since then.

The HD video quality is superb, and I've never felt the need to upgrade to a later/newer model, but if I did, then based on my experience, it would be a Sony.

I edit in Sony Vegas 11, and burn to Blue-Ray disc.

That's not to say that the current Panasonic models aren't just as good, but my only experience with a Panasonic camcorder, was back in the analogue days, with VHS-C tape. I've had several camcorders since that time, but they have all been Sony.

Dave

Last edited:
I have the G30 not the G25. The G30 is the next generation after the G25, with a 1/2 chip rather than the 1/3 chip of the G25. The quality of the G30 is very good, but I can't comment of the G25. Spec looks fine though. It does have Zebra's which will be useful when shooting against a white background, for exposure

Back