Which camera 1DS MK 11 or 1D mk 111 ?

Name
Lord Lucan
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a bit of a dilemma, I'm after either of the above and am travelling to see a 1DS later this week, which would you have and why? I know the increase in mp on the 1DS could maybe be useful however I'd like your trhoughts and opinions please(y)

I will really be using it for wildlife and it will take over as my main camera, my 5d and 10d will be kept as back ups, I use the 5d for landscape's etc and would love either of the above to compliment my set up(y)

I went through this some months ago and decided the extra weight and cost of the 1Ds made it second choice. I also felt the huge file sizes were unworkable with my current set-up and I wanted the speed of the 1D3 for wildlife.

If you have a 5/10D as a backup then you won't be affected by the crop for wide shots.

I have a 40d for the wildlife side and a 1Ds 3 for full frame and it's advantages. If you are keeping the 5d, I'd go for the 1D 3 then you have the best of both worlds, and 10fps will be good for wildlife.

George

I'd agree with George. The pixel count on the 1Ds isn't that much higher than you 5D, which does give superb quality pictures. The 1D will focus much quicker and has some nice additional features over the 1Ds ll ( If you need them). I also think the 1D lll has the same lens micro focus adjustment option as the 1Dslll has. Great for making sure your lenses are spot on sharp.

Well, 6.5 at a fraction of the price isn't bad.....and an 18 shot raw buffer to boot??!!

I would go with the 1dsmk2
The reasons are (IMHO)
1) Lots of photos nature photos are published in magazines using the 1ds mk1 2 3 - there must be a reason (i suspect we will see a lot of photos by the d3 as well!)
2) The resale value of the 1dmk3 is poor now and will get worse when the 1d mk3n is released (canon shot themselves in the foot with this camera and they know it)
3) the 20/30/40d and the 5d will be fine till it rains hard or the camera takes a knock the 1d (s) are built like tanks/Volvos - drop one and find out

Well come on Agger, don't keep us all in suspense! :)

Well, all the best with the 1Dmk3.....:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Well the votes all seem to point that way....with sporty being the exception...(y)

Back