Which camera bag for towns?

Name
Kamil
Edit My Images
Yes
Hiya, I'm looking for a camera bag that can hold a camera body with 50mm attached, extra lens + possibly flash. I also would like to be able to carry some paperwork (mainly A4).

And finally, I want it to be stylish, leather or canvas will be best. I've looked at Domke F-5XC which seems to be pretty good, has anyone used it? Or can you recommend something else I might like?

PS: The budget is around £70 (I don't mind 2nd hand as longest its good con.)

ThinkTank retrospective?

Last edited:
well, i suppose it looks good from out side especially the pinestone one, however i don;t like it inside.

What I like about domke is that it gives you quick access to all of your gear, wherever it;s on the bottom of the bag or on the top. I think it;s important that you can easily and fairy quick swap lenses.

Lowepro classified range? Around your budget and you can also get the 160AW which will hold most of your kit and A4 stuff in the front

Will this actually take A4 stuff in the front?

Is there anyone who uses Domke F-5XC

How about the Tenba Messengers?

I like the design of the Domke F-5XC, that you can easily access all of your gear, wherever its on the top or bottom of the bag. Im only concerns that there will be no space for me to carry A4 size stuff (which I often do), I don't want to end up carrying another bag.

I also been recommended the Lowepro Classified 160 which seems to take A4 pieces, I like that you don't have to open the floppy bit to access your gear because there is a zippier on the top and the floppy bit only covers the accessory pockets

Is there possibly anyone who has used Domke F-5XC, and could say something. Or maybe someone used them both, who could compare them.

I use a Domke F-5XB and it's great for my NEX-5 w/16mm, UWA adapter in case, OM 50mm macro attached to its adapter, polariser, spare battery and flash with a lens cloth and Joby Gorillapod too. There's enough space for another lens as well (Zeiss 24mm - if and when it comes out!)

Domke make fantastic photographer's bags, ultimately for convenience and speed of use rather than masses of padding and 'features' :clap:

Back