Beginner Which Camera For Macro Photography?

Edit My Images
No
I'm sure this has been asked on many occasions,I'm looking a refurbished camera ,around £400-500 to spend,for Macro Photography,What would the consensus,be,on which camera should I purchase?I like Nikon,but,I'm not handcuffed to any particular product.

Yours Kindly Paul

The best camera might be the one that you like the viewfinder of, along with how the camera fits your hand, amongst other things - in other words, it's personal.

Are your macro intentions just general, or more specific, eg insects? This can affect the focal length of lens that'll be preferable.

Refurbished sounds over-specific - what's wrong with just used?

If it's mainly or just for macro, you'll need (1) a body and (2) a macro lens - which won't normally come as a package - you'll have to choose and source them individually. Roughly, they could split the budget down the middle, but it's a movable feast ...

The Sigma 105mm macro lens comes in most brand fittings and I feel the lens in more important than the body

this- shot with my Sony a77 + 105mm f2.8 macro lens

Hoverfly 1 by Les Moxon, on Flickr

Les :)

If you want clear in focus images then top of the list should be a good Tripod and head, Lens as Les says the Sigma is a good bet first time round, camera is your choice really would also have a remote, not so much for outdoors but inside where you may have a lot less light a remote could get you your image without any OOF problems, camera shake etc. Russ.

Some sort of mirrorless camera may be best simply because you can view the subject at high magnification, much higher than you can with an unaided optical viewfinder, and so judge critical focus on exactly the point you want it.

Back