Which camera is preferred for motorsport

Name
Jack
Edit My Images
Yes
With photography for me being a hobby and looking at some of the great and professional style of photos, I would greatly appreciate some comments on cameras and also possible settings on a camera to help get a better shot. The photos I have on my page have been taken on a Fujifilm s4400 on a standard setting.

All comments and help are greatly appreciated.

Any camera will do the trick. A lot of it is more lens dependent that the body itself.
Generally the 7D is well regarded as a solid motorsport body, people tend to look for a high frame rate per second.
Ordinarily, you would want to cover the range of 50-300mm as a rule of thumb, depends upon the circuit and the sort of shots you want to achieve.
There is no hard and fast rule for settings, generally Autofocus on a servo, with the lowest ISO that you can get, and a wide-ish aperture.

I would greatly appreciate some comments on cameras and also possible settings on a camera to help get a better shot.

I think you are looking for "the better features" as many makes offer good solutions.

Make sure it's built to be abused unless you're a fair weather tog. After the horrendous conditions we experienced on Saturday, I'd want at least some level of weather sealing. And a weather sealed lens.

Not saying you can't shoot in the rain with a lower end setup before everyone starts, but it is a worthy consideration.

Try and go for as good a camera as you can afford and pair it with the best glass you can afford. I agree the 7D is a great camera for motorsport and reasonable second hand prices make it good value but I have seen great photo with more basic models. If you want detailed close ups of bikes you might need to get up to 400mm but at least 300mm so a 70-300 ish lens set is what to look for.

If you are shooting through fences as in your photo page a wide aperture will help get rid of them in photos and try to find a bit of fence that is not brightly lit.
For panning you need to get the shutter speed down below 1/200 imo and 1/60 or slower will really render the background blurred but takes a bit of practice.

Back