Which camera

Name
mark francis
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm in the market for a new camera, and I know you have probably been asked this a thousand times, and these are the cameras I've narrowed I'd down to,
X10 or ricoh GRD 4 or Sony nex 5n, I really want to start street photography, or has any one have any other suggestions of other cameras I should look into

I know,but that question has been asked a lot so people pass it by.
The only answer I can give is try and handle a few at jessop's,
People have varied tastes and one may be put forward which the controls of suit some but not you and so it's a try before you buy,I'm afraid..:shrug:

Can't comment on the others but the GRDIII is a great street camera if you can live with the 28mm fixed focal length. Excellent quality fast lens. Snap focus is great for street and the big depth from the small sensor can work in you favour. Very configurable and good to use as well, Sony could learn plenty from the way the Ricoh handles. I guess GRDIV will be even better but the price of the GRDIII - £299 at SRSMicro - is very attractive now.

I know,but that question has been asked a lot so people pass it by.

You also tend to not get responses along the lines of, "Read your post, can't really comment from experience, but I've always thought this model looks good.." because it's only a half response that would bump the thread from the Unanswered Posts search. Mind you, a 1hr bump achieved that anyway :thinking:

There's always the G12/S100 and the Panasonic LX-something. I've handled the NEX-5 (not the -n) and found it an oddly balanced camera.. definitely something you'd need to get your hands on to be certain about.

Back