Which CF card and where from? (UK)

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, I'm currently using a slow 256Mb CF card I already had, just for testing purposes.

Now obviously that's a little bit limiting so I'm looking to get a 1Gb card or more if I can afford it. I have gotten a little confused by all the Type I/II Ultra 17s x80 tags that all the cards seem to sport! :D

The question I have is what make should I go for, how much should I expect to pay, and where do I get it from?

I have just purchased the Kingston Ultra 1 gig from Aria for 49.xx
Microdirect also sell it for 47.xx but they were showing out of stock and I needed it that day.

I plumped for the Ultra version due to its speed, I didn't want to be held back by something that could have been eliminated by spending a couple of quid extra.

Depending on what camera you have, you could try this link
http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=6007-7699
It compares all the major brands and models of CF cards according to your camera. That link takes you to the 350D page, but if you have a different camera, select it from the drop down list :)

Thanks for that chaps.

Someone was just saying to me that I should get many smaller cards (512Mb) rather than one large card in case it corrupts. "Eggs" and "basket" was the phrase used :D !

Opinions?

I can see the logic behind that but a 512mb card only holds about 65-70 RAW images from a 300D.

I will 2nd the Integral Ipro.
I was so impressed with the 1gig card I have, I bought 3 2gig cards.

My 512mb cards (I have 4 of them) hold about 80 raw shots each from my 300D. My cards are all PQI 40x which are a bit hard to get atmo.

I've given my Integral I pro 2gb card a right hammering over the last few months, I've even dropped it more times than i should of too :icon_redf

It gets formatted after every shoot and no issues todate,

Money well spent IMHO

:banana:

Have taken about 4000 pics with my Ipro 2gb, and will soon be getting more of them ! for 75 quid you cant go wrong !

I format it every time it goes in the camera from downloading the pics, and its been fine so far !

Back